What's hot...

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Meteohub on iConnect ready to go

Post by admin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:26 pm

ENGLISH:
Port of Meteohub to iConnect has now been finished from license side. Please find details here: http://www.smartbedded.com/wiki/index.p ... troduction. As this hardware can often be found with interesting discounts, this might be a fine option for new "Meteohubers". Please notice that porting efforts do result into a higher license fee (99 Euro). Despite the higher license costs this still is an economically interesting solution compared with other hardware options.

DEUTSCH;
Die Portierung des Meteohub auf den iConnect wurde nun auch lizenzseitig abgeschlossen, Details finden sich http://www.smartbedded.com/wiki/index.p ... troduction. Da der iConnect öfter stark reduziert angeboten wird, kann dies insbesondere für Meteohub-Neueinsteiger eine interessante Option sein. Bitte beachten, dass die hohen Portierungsaufwände einen höheren Lizenzpreis von 99 Euro zur Folge haben. Trotz der höheren Lizenzkosten ist die Lösung auch kaufmännisch im Vergleich zu den anderen System sehr interessant.

patonnet74
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Meteohub on iConnect ready to go

Post by patonnet74 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:43 am

Hi,

I've got the evaluation running on this very nicely, feeding my NSLU2 meteohub over TCP/IP for now.
A really easy install, great to see it running faster, and of course on wifi as well! It's a lot easier to locate when no ethernet cable is required.

Will you be offering an upgrade price on this licence for existing users to migrate?

Thanks,
Alan

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Great that you like it on iconnect. as you can get these devices for less than 30£ in the uk, it is a steel.
update license is 40 euro, details can be found here http://wiki.meteohub.de/Buy_Software.

patonnet74
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by patonnet74 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks, the 40 Euro is on it's way!

Can I suggest an iConnect section under hardware on the forum?

Cheers,
Alan

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:36 pm

yep, done

Holsteinson
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Holsteinson » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:30 pm

I saw in Amazon.com that there are 2 versions of iConnect are both compatible or which one is the one compatible with Meteohub?

Who sells already installed Meteohub/iConnect online?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:48 am

There are no two versions of iConnect to my knowledge. Can you please give a link to the different versions you have found?
To purchase a turn-key ready iConnect Meteohub see "buy hardware" section on meteohub.de.

Holsteinson
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Holsteinson » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 am

I found them in Amazon.com

Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station for US$83 2004 and the newer iConnect Wireless Data Station (Networking) for US$118 2011 The specs look the same but the newer indicates Wireless and dont know why the price difference?

The only seller that has the Meteohub on iConnect is Rainweather at US$270 ...

N5XL
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by N5XL » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am

There is only one Iconnect, its just different prices and different descriptions from different vendors. The model number is the same for both listings...34779.

In addition to the site you list (assuming you mean rainmanweather.com), the Meteohub system can also be purchased in the USA, ready to go, from AmbientWeather.com under the brand name "Weatherhub3".
http://www.ambientweather.com/amweatherhub3.html

Holsteinson
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Holsteinson » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Both USA vendors have indicated that "By the way, we just found out the WeatherHub3 has been discontinued by the manufacturer" Are you aware of this? Is it true?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Looks like the iConnect has reached EOL. Stocks are down in the US. Canada and EU still seem to have quite some on stock.
I am doing research to find an alternative.

In the meantime, Sheevaplug is still there, when you are looking for a Marvell-based Meteohub platform and can't get a grip on an iConnect anymore.

N5XL
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by N5XL » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Thats too bad. The Iconnect platform is perfect for this application.

Still under development, the Raspberry Pi Model B looks to be about the same price point as the Iconnect, and its already Linux based. The incredible demand for the device has the makers scrambling to make more. I can easily see putting this in a case and end up having a dedicated computer running Meteohub.

The only problem so far with the R-Pi is that its not in a "ready to go" form factor for the general public...meaning that its not a polished consumer device like the Iconnect package is. I'm sure it would be fine for most of us here though!

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:14 am

I have one RPI ordered. We ll see how capable this really is beside the hype around it.
Current status of the RPI: no case, no power supply, performance below Sheeva,
no WLAN, no availability, strange distribution via RS and farnell not focussed to
consumer electronics but electronical parts... you have to love that :roll:

IMHO the iConnect is the much better deal and you still get plenty of it in the EU, US is another story.

Don't worry I have many other platforms under observation: pogoplugs (v4 and mobile),
sliverstone dc01 (my favourite with internal SSD), to name the most popular ones.
It will also be interesting to see if iomega and lacie (discontinuing their recent laplug
to my knowledge) show up with new/similar NAS dongles supporting USB3.

N5XL
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by N5XL » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:36 pm

I like the Silverstone, but is it wireless? The Akitio mycloud mini looks to be very similar to the Silverstone (maybe it simply rebranded but the case might not be quite the same...shorter / fatter...hard to tell)

Other possibilities ? in no particular order...
IOGEAR Wireless 4-Port USB Sharing Station GUWIP204
Verbatim MediaShare Mini Home Network Storage 97329
SANOXY 4 Port USB 2.0 Gigabit Network Server SNX-RT-43B0-0001