How to reach all disk space?

Moderator: Mattk

Taz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

How to reach all disk space?

Post by Taz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Built a system wth a HP Thin Client, a ide-to-CF-adapter and a CF card. Runs REALLY well and I will transfer my platform from Nslu2 to this rig in a while.
BUT..... My CF cad is a 16GB one, but in BIOS/Setup there´s only 8 GB. I thougt this was OK, better than the 4GB-USB I´ve got in my NSLU2. Thinking that I could live with that.

In my installed Meteohub system I can read there is only 2755MB on the data partition, less than in my original NSLU2, the one with a 4Gb USB stick. :cry: :cry:
Is there a way to recover this space, an why isn´t it present? Isn´t it supposed to get all unused space on a memory module available for the data partition?
Would be nice if this thing could be sorted out before doing all the settings and putting it online.

Can easily reinstall if thats necessary, will appriciate all help, hints and advices! :D
Thanks in advance!

wfpost
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: How to reach all disk space?

Post by wfpost » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:00 pm

the partitions are exactly the size and location as they were created by Boris depending on the media size he used, because his diskimage is written back

best way to resize the partitions is the graphical linux tool Gnome Partition Editor aka GPparted.
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

if you got no linux box around you can opt for the live cd
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

There´s a way to to it with several commands from the shell as well, and described somewhere here, but demands advanced linux knowledge.

Taz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Taz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Thank you!!

I think Gparted Live on USB will do the trick for me. I´ll give it a try.

HeinrichH
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by HeinrichH » Mon May 28, 2012 1:11 pm

See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8232 for a detailed explanation for how to expand you data partition. The forum search function can be used and will provided answers :D

compac
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by compac » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for the information, but i cannot start the ebox4300 for saving the configuration or data.
Unlike scam 640-916 - latest dumps dumps and 1Y0-350 - pass4sure - braindumps.com dumps training program, our best smith and www.northwood.edu online training