Can't enable Dreamplug WLAN

Moderator: Mattk

spot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Can't enable Dreamplug WLAN

Post by spot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:32 am

Sad news.

The new part doesn't work with the libertas driver.

the Globalscale ships with a driver called sd8xxx.ko and a kernel of 2.6.33.7-dirty.
At best, these drivers would need to be recompiled to work with the meteohub 2.6.32 kernel. (I'm not really set up to try this.)

There is also talk on the plug computer sites of using the mwifiex.ko drivers which are on a 3.1 kernel for shivaplug.

So, we seem to be given the options of trying to make meteohub work with the newer kernel or trying to recompile the drivers to work with the meteohub kernel.

BTW, my serial number is DS2-114x-xxxx, from the message board, this issue exists with the DS2-1139-xxxx dreamplugs as well.

Any thoughts on how we can move forward?

spot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by spot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:07 am

If there is no fix for this coming, I think you should change the hardware web page and warn people that there may not be any WLAN support in the dreamplug they buy from Globalscale. It's no fun going through all of this and then not have WLAN support. If I knew this going in, I would have just bought the Shivaplug from Ambient Weather. :(

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:45 am

Yes, as I cant provide a quick fix for this, I changed hardware page accordingly. Sorry, that you were the first one to tackle that new issue.

spot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by spot » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:45 pm

I've run off of a wired connection for 4 years, but now have moved and need to use wifi. Has a fix been developed in the 4-5 years since I first encountered this problem?