Change of router causing problems.

Moderator: Mattk

tim__jones
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Change of router causing problems.

Post by tim__jones » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:19 am

Hi.

I'm having trouble since switching to a new router. I can't access Meteohub and the IP address that is assigned to Meteoplug has changed to 192.168.0.2 from 192.168.1.65. When I try to access this it asks for a username and password, I type in meteohub and meteohub but it doesn't accept it.

Can anyone help? Sorry I am not an expert on IP addresses, port forwarding, etc.

Thanks
Tim

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Change of router causing problems.

Post by admin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Looks like you did change this once and your browser did remember credentials for the old IP.

Please have a look here to understand how to recover from a lost http password.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5335

tim__jones
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tim__jones » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Thank you for the reply. I remembered my password so have been able to get back into the Meteohub settings. But a couple more questions...

I don't understand why the IP address for Meteohub is 192.168.0.2 rather than 192.168.1.65 as it was before the change of router. But does it matter?

In the system information it says everything is running, including the 'rapid fire' weather network for exporting data to Weather Underground, but on my Weather Underground web page there is no data.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:21 am

When your systems use DHCP, the router will assign IPs to the devices in your LAN. So changing the router this will be done in another way, in your case the class c net has changed from 192.168.1 to 192.168.0. This is networking basics and nothing Meteohub specific.

All this has no effect on Meteohub operation, as long as the router does provide a valid gateway and DNS IP to the Meteohub. Meteohub should be rebooted, after instaling the new router. that is all (unless you have decided to use statical IPs).

tim__jones
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tim__jones » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks again for the help. I have remembered my password and logged in but I now have another problem...I cannot even access the Meteohub web interface any more! Last time I was in there I remember changing the port number from 80 to 7777 as I thought this may solve the fact that data was not being sent to Weather Underground. Since then though I have been unable to access the web interface, but the Weather Underground upload is working and accessing the memory card shows that it is storing data as it should.

Any idea what I can do to access the Meteohub web interface?

Thank you!