New SD Card recommendated for SheevaPlug ??

Moderator: Mattk

SAM667
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

New SD Card recommendated for SheevaPlug ??

Post by SAM667 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:46 am

Hello,

I need to change my SD card, because my sheevaplug has fell down from my desk and the SD card has collected the shock. The result my SD Card is broken out.
The question is can i use any 4GB SD card bought at the computer shop near my home. Because after many research I can't find a dealer for the recommendated model Transcend TS4GSDHC150.

Thank you for your helt

SAM667
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: New SD Card recommendated for SheevaPlug ??

Post by SAM667 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:29 am

I have an other question regardinge the Activation Code Transferb.
I have only noted my activation code but not the System-ID. I can't get the ID because with my broken card I no longer access to the Meteohub application...
Than you

wrj0
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by wrj0 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:11 pm

I would also like to replace the aging SD card in my SheevaPlug. The Setup SheevaPlug instructions state:
"You need a 4GB SLC SD card like Transcend TS4GSDHC150 or Integral Endurance 4GB."
But, from on line searches, it appears both of these devices have been discontinued.

Could someone please advise a suitable replacement SD card for the SheevaPlug?
Thank you.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Transcend has industrial SLC SD cards in 4GB. They cost a bit but will last very long for sure.

wrj0
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by wrj0 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks. In checking with Transcend on possible replacement SD cards, I received the following reply:
  • "The SDHC150 is still a current product. However if you want a similar alternative you can purchase a Transcend TS4GSDHC6 card. Just be aware that the SDHC150 uses a higher quality SLC flash and is considered industrial grade while the standard class 6 Transcend card is consumer grade."

Holsteinson
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Holsteinson » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:41 pm

admin wrote:Transcend has industrial SLC SD cards in 4GB. They cost a bit but will last very long for sure.
I just checked pricegrabber.com for this specific card and there is only ONE supplier in the USA that has it at US$65 a piece (until inventory runs out):

http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?374376_p3g

• Durability: 10,000 insertion/removal cycles
• Compatible with SD Specification Ver. 2.0
• Comply with SD File System Specification Ver. 2.0
• Mechanical Write Protection Switch
• Supports Speed Class Specification up to Class 6
• Supports 20mb/s read and 18mb/s write

Integralmemory.com manufactures the Integral Industrial Platinum SD card up to 8gb with read 18mb/s and write 15mb/s:
http://www.integralmemory.com/sites/def ... _SD_Pt.pdf

Other SD suppliers have class 10, SD specs 3.x, 300 and 600x speed, and read/write 95mb/s has anyone tested these new high speed SD?

Transcend has a 16Gb larger capacity 150x SD industrial available, given that their 4GB is a fast disappearing item from the market, why not check this 16Gb for compatibility with sheevaplug and meteohub??