Barometric pressure drifts and jumps

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Lespius
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Barometric pressure drifts and jumps

Post by Lespius » Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi,

For the last week I have problems with the values of the barometric pressure. Each days it start to drift lower and lower, and then jumps up to recover its correct value. Seems very strange...
For example today, the see level pressure computed by meteobridge was around 1015 hPa, then drifted lower as low as 1007 with some eratic paterns and stabilized at around 1011. This behaviour is now repeating day after day.
No need to say that my Davis console doesn't confirm those gaps !

My setup is a Davis VP2 station, Meteostick V2.4 and Meteobridge V3.2. My altitude is 705m, and set as such in Meteobridge.
I am using Meteobridge and Meteostick for a month now, without any problem until a week ago.

You can find the graphs here http://www.meteo-cugy.ch/template/pages ... /graph.php

Can someone help ?? Thank you !!!!!

colmeteo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Barometric pressure drifts and jumps

Post by colmeteo » Fri May 19, 2017 6:48 pm

I am currently using Acurite's SmartHub and 5in1 Station and keep getting the same problem each time a reboot meteobridge. When I reboot the bridge, pressure drops aprox 8hPa and then slowly goes back up. This is only for the calculated sea-level-pressure. The altitude corrected pressure (CWOP) will remain unchanged as does the station pressure reported by SmartHub. Seems to me it is a problem with some calculation performed by meteobridge.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri May 26, 2017 11:04 pm

When you are looking for serious weather stations with constant data, Acurite is not the brand to go for.

colmeteo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by colmeteo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Yeah, I know. I have a Davis Vue with meteostick waiting to be installed... Hopefully soon.

doncurtis
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by doncurtis » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:34 pm

admin wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 11:04 pm
When you are looking for serious weather stations with constant data, Acurite is not the brand to go for.
That wasn't responsive to the question. The OP said that CWOP and station console do NOT show any problem, only the meteobridge calculated pressure shows the probkem.

Sounds like another customer who would like to send CWOP instead of calculated pressure. I am going to guess his station is a higher altitude station also.

Don
---------
Don

colmeteo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by colmeteo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 am

Yes, indeed Don, it is a high altitude station. I have now changed to the Davis Vantage Vue and the meteostick. When rebooting there sometimes was a large spike in the calculated pressure. I have not rebooted lately after the change to meteostick, but I am with you, no matter if the sensor isn't as precise as the one on the meteostick, this behavior is only seen in the calculated sea-level, not the altitude pressure.

colmeteo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by colmeteo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:07 pm

I just rebooted to grab the latest firmware, and the drop in SLP is still there. You can take a look at it for 06-16-17 10:54AM.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... D=IRETIRO3

It dropped from 1012.4 hPa to 1006.7 hPa, and it is not just on WU, my meteotemplate server shows the same drop.

colmeteo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by colmeteo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 pm

I see a new updated firmware trying to correct this problem:
released June 18, 2017

improves algorithm to compute station pressure from SLP as reported by Vantage. Normally, Meteobridge directly requests station pressure from Vantage by means of LOOP2 protocol. But there might be situations where Vantage console is on old firmware level (below 1.9) not supporting LOOP2 or when Meteobridge acts as a slave to a PC weather program emulating a WLIP device and by that might not get LOOP2 packets. Please understand that back computation of station pressure from SLP is not perfect as average humidity and temperature of last 12h hours is not avail to Meteobridge. When you are operating in higher altitudes be prepared that some variation will occur. You can compensate by pressure adjustments on "station" tab.
Does this mean the Meteostick-Meteobridge combo acts like a WLIP emulating device or my station is not reporting the correct SLP?
Anyway, thanks @admin for the update. I rebooted and saw a spike (pressure up) of 2hPa, will keep checking and see how it goes.