Moved back to software 3.5 from 3.6 after station stopped reporting

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

davegct
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Moved back to software 3.5 from 3.6 after station stopped reporting

Post by davegct » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:57 am

Hello,
I have just downgraded my Meteobridge software to v3.5 after it stopped reporting live data from my station. I did notice that 3.6 was not acknowledging that I have a USB hub with my TL-MR3040 whereas 3.5 does acknowledge the hub.

Has anyone else had to do this? Is this a known problem? Will I need to leave it on version 3.5 for good now?

Thank,
Dave

droiddk
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Moved back to software 3.5 from 3.6 after station stopped reporting

Post by droiddk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi

I also had a problem after a firmware upgrade (cant remember which version), MB could not connect to Logger (VP2). It was my Dlink USB-Hub that was the reason. I got this instead: https://www.amazon.de/USB-2-0-Hub-Smile ... +hub+smile Its working great.

What weather station do you use?
What does the log says?

Just in case: Start with a fully power down (remove supply and batteries) of your entire rig (also MB) and make sure that Logger (if VP2) is properly attached to console.

Regards

davegct
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by davegct » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello,
I am using a Vantage Vue with a TL-MR3040, BelfryBoy logger and this USB hub:

https://www.amazon.com/Cute-USB-2-Port- ... dpSrc=srch

I did do the power down steps as you describe as part of my troubleshooting before I downgraded the software, but that didn’t seem to help. The log was reading - can’t open devices, tried 17 times, logger stopped etc. Now back on 3.5 everything is working again.

From what you are saying potentially my USB hub may no longer be compatible with the 3.6 software. I can’t seem to purchase the same logilink Black hub you posted, but could get some other colors. Perhaps i’ll Try and different hub on 3.6 and see if that works.

Thanks
Dave

droiddk
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by droiddk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:55 pm

davegct wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Perhaps i’ll Try and different hub on 3.6 and see if that works.
Please do and report back.

Regards

davegct
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by davegct » Wed May 16, 2018 4:24 am

Finally updating this thread. I swapped my USB hub to the Sabrent 4 port mini USB 3.0 hub and everything working again on latest firmware.