New modem gateway unable to configure Meteobridge **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

TJF1960
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

New modem gateway unable to configure Meteobridge **solved**

Post by TJF1960 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:48 am

Hello,

I have been using Meteobridge on a TPLINK 703 for a year or so and it has been working fine. I recently installed an Arris TG1682G gateway from Comcast. I followed the "Getting Started" page and used the config.meteobridge.com config page to configure dhcp to my wireless gateway. Once done I can log into meteobridge and configure all pages but after save/apply/reboot I am unable to log in to meteobridge again. The black page appears then goes to the white page saying "The CGI process did not produce any response."
I can log into openwrt just fine.

I know this is a problem with my gateway and not Meteobridge, but any suggestions would be great. I have tried everything I can think of. I even disabled the firewall on the gateway but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

I apologize for putting this post in the wrong section.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: New modem gateway unable to configure Meteobridge

Post by admin » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Looks like you misconfigure your network. Are you sure the settings shown on "network" tab are fine before you press "save/apply/reboot"?

TJF1960
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by TJF1960 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Thank you for the reply. That is what I keep thinking also.
I have it set up for wifi, with the correct SSID and encryption passkey. I am leaving it set for DHCP and I don't use a proxy. I have the router reserve the ip address. Should I set up Meteobridge with a static IP, if so what should I use for the DNS?

I tested port 80 with PFConfig and it was closed. I opened port 80 with the gateways (Arris) port trigger feature. Afterwards I retested and port 80 is now open. Are there any other ports I should open?

I have been reading everything I can and it seems some others with similar issues on this board have had a few issues with DNS, could this be an issue with my gateway?

Thanks again,
Tim

TJF1960
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by TJF1960 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:23 am

I have a little more information if you don't mind. I found that if I reflash the 703 with a thumbdrive I am able to access Meteobridge and configure the wifi, network, system and weather station information, save and reboot. After reboot I can log in again. The problem of not being able to log in occurs after checking the Lan Bridge check box and rebooting. I can usually log in 1 time after the reboot but if I try to make any changes or I exit and try to re-log in the browser times out and I am left with a white screen saying "The CGI process did not produce any response."

So to recap, as long as I do not check the Lan Bridge box I can log in and out all I want as well as make changes to Meteobridge but as soon as I check the box and save and reboot the Gui is slow to load and usually just times out.

i should mention I am using the Acurite 5in1 system with the Acurite bridge plugged into the ethernet port on the TpLink 703.

Thank you,
Tim

"

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks. I will try with a similar setup here.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:21 pm

My WR703N can be switched to "bridge mode" without loosing WLAN connectivity.
What you shouldn't do is to have the Meteobridge connected to your LAN with
Ethernet cable and also operating it in your WLAN and then selecting bridge mode,
which will make a loop in your LAN that can have various unexpected network faults.

TJF1960
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by TJF1960 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Thank you for the reply.
When I switch the 703 to bridge mode I am doing it thru wifi, the ethernet port on the 703 is always connected only to the Acurlite Bridge.

I have come to the conclusion that there is just something different about the comcast arris gateway that does not allow the Meteobridge/703 to play nice with the network.

As a test I reflashed Meteobridge, then thru wifi, I changed the SSID and password back to my old d-link router. I then removed the arris gateway and hooked up the old d-link router and comcast modem.
As soon as the meteobridge booted back up it was working fine and reporting to CWOP and Weather Underground. All was back to normal.
Once i changed the SSID and password back to the new gateway and hooked up the gateway and rebooted meteobridge it was sluggish when opening the web pages, and was not reporting to WU, and after about 10 or so minutes I couldn't get back in the the gui, But yet I could wifi into openwrt without trouble.

I guess I am going to start looking for a good aftermarket modem and router and get away from the comcast arris gateway.

Thank you for your time,

Bushman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by Bushman » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:56 pm

It seems like many network providers flash their customer routers with custom firmware (usually hobbling them) and that makes all sorts of things not work. Really dumb.

Natashawilliams
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Natashawilliams » Fri May 27, 2016 1:10 pm

admin wrote:Looks like you misconfigure your network. Are you sure the settings shown on "network" tab are fine before you press "save/apply/reboot"?
It woeks i tried rebooting and it works