Need a little bit more help getting my station set up.

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Rooster
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Need a little bit more help getting my station set up.

Post by Rooster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Hey everyone
I need a little more help getting my station reporting to WU. I have a dir 505 flashed with meteobridge, a Davis vantage vue, and a belfryboy logger. I have the dir 505 flashed correctly and it's working fine over Wi-Fi. Now k can not get my station to report to WU. It says my station name and password are correct. So under the stations tab in MB, I choose my station, then I have options for USB or IP. Which one do I use? I have tried both and neither are working for me. If I choose IP, what IP do I use? I looked as much as I could and couldn't find anything. Do I need a usb 2.0 hub Maybe? My time is set correct in MB. Something, somewhere is not communicating directly.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mattk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Need a little bit more help getting my station set up.

Post by Mattk » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:35 pm

Have never seen a Belfryboy logger so running a little blind here. How does this logger connect to the MB/DIR 505?

Rooster
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Rooster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 pm

It connects to the logger via usb. The guy who sells them basically copied what Davis makes. But I was unsure to label it as usb or IP, since it connects via usb, but the 505 is WLAN, you know?

Mattk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by Mattk » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:53 am

The MB Station Tab would then be set to USB, the LAN (or WLAN) connects the MB to the outside world for upload etc

Mattk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by Mattk » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:57 am

And yes you may need a USB hub? I have seen reference to this being a requirement for different USB versions.

Rooster
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Rooster » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:54 am

Hmmmm, that's exactly how I have it set up now, and it's not reporting. I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

Also, when I go to the system tab, I have the check box marked where it says "Allow login from the Internet via this URL". However, when I use that URL, I get this error "Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

I'm wondering if they're related, maybe I have something messed up somewhere.

Rooster
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Rooster » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:17 am

I got it :) a simple reboot, unplug and re plug and reboot fixed everything :) thanks again for your help!