My Meteobridge isn't working **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

joe002
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

My Meteobridge isn't working **solved**

Post by joe002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:00 am

I've had my TP-LINK TL-MR3020 based Meteobridge working for years but just the other day it stopped working.

With my USB drive installed, when I cycle power all of the LEDs come on then the top LED stays on and the bottom (large) LED starts blinking slowly. After about a minute or so the lower LED start to blink quickly and after a minute or so the lower LED stays on and the top two LED stay on. At this point I think it should be on the network, but I don't see it on my wireless network.

With my USB drive removed, when I cycle power all of the LEDs come on then the top LED stays on and the bottom (large) LED starts blinking slowly. After about a minute or so the lower LED start to blink quickly and never stops blinking quickly.

I'm not sure what I should try next. It doesn't seem that my box is dead, maybe it just forgot my wireless SSID or password, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Last edited by joe002 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

joe002
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: My Meteobridge isn't working

Post by joe002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:45 am

OK, I guess I should have tried a little harder before posting here.

After thinking about it - the way the lights were blinking, and my initial guess was it forgot my login ID, so I plugged the box into my wired LAN with the thumb drive out and cycled power. After a few minutes I saw it on my network and logged in. For some reason I was prompted to accept the license, so I did. I checked all of the other settings and they were correct so I hit Save and Reboot and disconnected the LAN cable. It booted and this time came up on my wireless network. I logged in again, and again it asked me to accept the license, which I did. I put the thumb drive in my computer and erased the files that were on it, then put the thumb drive into the meteobridge and rebooted. It came up on my wireless network again so I plugged in my sensors and I'm good to go again.

I'm not sure why it got confused, but it seems to be happy again. Hopefully my experience here can help someone in the future.