Meteobridge / WU warning.

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Wingfat
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Meteobridge / WU warning.

Post by Wingfat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:04 am

I'm new to the PWS arena and continue to learn everyday. I have the Davis Advantage Pro 2 with a USB logger connected to a Meteobridge flashed 505 router. I just installed a Ubquiti G3 webcam to my system and use Meteobridge to send captured shots to WU. It is configured to send 192.168.x.x/scan.jpeg via FTP which works very nice. I have today seen a error message on meteobridge related to the size of the captured .jpegs.

2017-10-08 17:26:34 Error: Image larger than 150k (344k), might be dropped by WU (no more tries):

I have tried to lower the resolution of the camera stream hoping that it may effect the resolution of the capture to no avail.

Is there a setting in meteobridge that would lower the size/resolution of the captured jpegs?

I have also set up sending captured jpegs to the meteobridge server.. but can't access them by clicking on the two icons in the setup box. I was hoping I could manipulate the photos and do a ftp to WU . I could then run a script of some sort to automagically upload them.

I'm not a programmer but if you can point me in the right direction I may be able to sort it out.

Since the Ubquiti line of webcams seem to be the recommened cameras, and WU functionality is built into your interface, I was hoping this is something which could be solved relatively easily?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... KFLLAKEW98
Meteotemplate at: http://parkviewx.com
Thanks!

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge / WU warning.

Post by admin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Only way to manipulate the images with Meteobridge is to upload those to the Meteobridge server and to add some imagemagic scripting to it (as done with the pre-defined examples). WU Camera service can grab pictures from a URL. So you don't have to FTP anything, just tell WU cam where to find the manipulated CAM image.

I can't say, why the links don't work for you. Do you have uploading to this service enabled?

Wingfat
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Wingfat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 pm

I believe everything is set up correctly... I see Meteobridge Weather Cam: 2017-10-09 20:52:09 Success!

When I click on the Meteobridge Weather Camera Icons it tries to go to http://admin.meteobridge.com/cam/8c232d ... amplus.jpg http://admin.meteobridge.com/cam/8c232d ... a7/cam.jpg

"This site can't be reached" What am I doing wrong?

I do see in the error log "can't open device /dev/ttyMH: Input/output error" also "can't open device /dev/ttyMH: No such file or directory" and " Error: Ubiquiti Cam initialization failed"

Why would it say Meteobridge Weather Cam Success?
Is the Ubiquiti UVC G3 supported?

Mattk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:38 am

Wingfat wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 pm
....Is the Ubiquiti UVC G3 supported?
I don't believe so, never seen anything to indicate this and thought it was Gen 1 cameras? There was a fix on Oct 1, 2016 re Ubiquiti AirCam supported with FW 3.4 but G3 firmware is currently v3.8.3.66 and AirCam's are legacy products.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 pm

not yet, but I just ordered one to get it implemented.

Wingfat
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Wingfat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:14 pm

Outstanding!

You will make many G3 owners very happy! Glad I chose Meteobridge.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:27 pm

received my G3 today and it works fine :-)