Weather Bridge quit working **SOLVED**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

rick
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Weather Bridge quit working **SOLVED**

Post by rick » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:31 am

My station is a davis vangtage pro II interfaced to the meteohub thru a wether envoy reporting to WU. The meteo hub is hard wired to the router
This setup has worked without issue for a couple of years
The other day I noticed the the station had not reported data to WU for days.
When I access meteohub using the magic IP I get a black screen indicating that the station may not connected to the internet. The router MR3020 has the first status lite solid the next one which i think is network activity is blinking intermittantly.
I have reset the router .etc.

The meteo hub landing page FW1.1 (The black screen i was refering to.) If i select the configurator link and enter all the station info and save it the station appears to be communicating With WU indicaed by a message from them saying that my station is back on line but the weather data is never updated temp indicates -999.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated.
Last edited by rick on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mattk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Weather Bridge quit working

Post by Mattk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:26 am

What is your internet like?

rick
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by rick » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:33 am

I Have charter 65 mbps. I have two computers a music server cell phones etc. they all work without issues.

Rick

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:24 pm

Is the Meteobridge stuck at "fast blink" mode after reboot or does it finally switch the large LED to steady on?

rick
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by rick » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:17 pm

After reboot the Led, slow flash then rapid flash then is on steady.

Rick

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Then it is working fine. Can you login to the Meteobridge?

rick
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by rick » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:24 pm

when i Log on using Magic IP i get the black screen( landing page FW1) . I am pretty sure this issue started after power failures.

Rick

Styles
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Styles » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:03 pm

rick wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:31 am
My station is a davis vangtage pro II interfaced to the meteohub thru a wether envoy reporting to WU. The meteo hub is hard wired to the router
When I access meteohub using the magic IP I get a black screen indicating that the station may not connected to the internet. The router MR3020 has the first status lite solid the next one which i think is network activity is blinking intermittantly.

The meteo hub landing page FW1.1 (The black screen i was refering to.) If i select the configurator link and enter all the station info and save it the station appears to be communicating With WU indicaed by a message from them saying that my station is back on line but the weather data is never updated temp indicates -999.

Similar problem here with the same Davis Vantage Pro II.
Setup worked great for years until

First off, to log into the meteobridge, I had to type in a new IP address. It changed slightly from the last time.

- WU & PWS Weather say my station is up but they are not receiving data.

- Now that I've rebooted and reset the meteobridge, it won't transmit data to either station.
I know this because meteobridge has NOT showed a "SUCCESS!"

ALL this may be due to me not knowing the IP address of the Vantage data logger: "Data logger will restart now, caused by configuration changes.
Error: When Vantage/Envoy is equipped with an IP data logger, IP needs to be specified."

How does one find the IP address for the data logger? Is it the same as the meteobridge IP?

Thank you in advance.

Styles
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Styles » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Styles wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:03 pm
rick wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:31 am

Similar problem here with the same Davis Vantage Pro II.
Setup worked great for years until

First off, to log into the meteobridge, I had to type in a new IP address. It changed slightly from the last time.

- WU & PWS Weather say my station is up but they are not receiving data.

- Now that I've rebooted and reset the meteobridge, it won't transmit data to either station.
I know this because meteobridge has NOT showed a "SUCCESS!"

ALL this may be due to me not knowing the IP address of the Vantage data logger: "Data logger will restart now, caused by configuration changes.
Error: When Vantage/Envoy is equipped with an IP data logger, IP needs to be specified."

How does one find the IP address for the data logger? Is it the same as the meteobridge IP?

Thank you in advance.
I'm not too swift. I set the Vantage data logger to "USB" and it fixed everything! Ha!

Mattk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:36 am

....How does one find the IP address for the data logger? Is it the same as the meteobridge IP?...
No it will a different IP address and dependent on how your router/system is setup using DHCP or Static. With re the IP of a WLIP logger, one way is to connect Weatherlink, go into Communication Port, Select Local Device ID and press FIND. If DHCP then go into the router and check the DCHP leases

rick
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by rick » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 am

I finally got My Weather bridge back on line. Here is what i did.

1) reflashed the weather with the latest software found on your web site. Following the instructions found on this board.

2) re-entered all my configuration data.

3) Selected Davis vantage pro rather than envoy8x even though i am using an older envoy not the 8x. Apperantly the older envoy and 8x are not compatable with regards to meteo hub setup.
4) Rebooted and it is now working ....

Rick Cullen

Mattk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Weather Bridge quit working **SOLVED**

Post by Mattk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:45 am

Yes that would make a big difference, the standard Envoy (old new or otherwise) has basically nothing in common with the Envoy8X especially in regard the communication system/software.