Configuration Backup

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Colin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Configuration Backup

Post by Colin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:53 am

Not entirely sure about how this works.
On the Meteobridge Interface I can click 'Backup' and the settings are saved, in my case as a file called 'meteobridge-2017-05.config.txt'
When I want to 'Restore' I can browse to this file and the settings are restored. All is good.
Then when I look at the boot sequence, it asks if a USB stick in inserted (1st time) and if so, read configuration file fromUSB stick (config.tgz) then mark as being used for this device. Then does a Reboot.
Does that mean I can copy my config file to a USB stick, reset the device and the configuration data is loaded, saving having to do it all again manually?
If so then I guess I will have to rename my file from 'meteobridge-2017-05.config.txt' to config.tgz

Am I on the right track?

Edit: I meant compress NOT rename my file.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Configuration Backup

Post by admin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 am

USB stick is just used to setup basic network settings. For example, when you have a WLAN only environment, how to enter credentials?
To do this you can work with the Meteobridge Cloud-Simulator, set definitions there and download settings onto USB stick. This data is then used during boot of the device. It is not meant to upload your full amount of settings.

Colin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Configuration Backup

Post by Colin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:16 am

Thanks, I will check out the Cloud-Simulator.