updates.

all about Meteohub on the new Raspberry PI platform

Moderator: Mattk

tastewar
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

updates.

Post by tastewar » Tue May 09, 2017 11:55 pm

I confess to being pretty frustrated with the support here. This is not the usual freeware, I did pay for it. But looking at all the unanswered posts in the forum is very disheartening. On the topic of updates, there hasn't been a reliable place to look for what updates contain for some time now. I asked a while back, and was pointed to http://wiki.meteohub.de/Updates but that hasn't been updated since q and at least u appears to be semi-available, and elsewhere on the forum you will find mention of v. I say semi-available, because my meteohub pi has been running m for some time, and I've probably pressed the Install button on the maintenance page (the one next to the auto-update fields) a half dozen times. I don't know what it's *supposed* to do for feedback, but it appears to offer *none.* I wait for a few minutes, then go back to the main URL for the server, and inevitably it tells me it's running 5.0m.

Now, having said that, while composing this post, I tried yet again (3rd time today! -- first time it was saying it was ready to install p. I guess it must have been ready for quite some time!). and of course, this time it appears to have worked.

And now, with u installed, the Check for Update yields v. I'm trying this now. As you read this, wait for a few minutes here to simulate my waiting ......... and that worked.

So, I don't have a pressing issue that needs addressing, just expressing some frustration with the level of support in general. I see hints from time to time that questions get answered by Boris via email, but while that may help the one person at that time, it doesn't leave useful data in the forum for others to see later, and it doesn't leave a good impression.

Thanks for listening. If you are...