This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

peterb
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Webcam image resize

Post by peterb » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi,
After a reboot of mymeteobrige Pro I've Intermittent upload from my Unifi UVC webcam to WU and my TP link is failing to up load are both showing geeen ticks where they should.

This is what the live data tab is saying:

no Weather Underground Cam: 2017-09-23 22:14:53 Error: Image larger than 150k (170k), might be dropped by WU (no more tries):

any suggestions why Meteobrige should not be able to re size, it appears in a new window when I ckick on the image of the camera on the weather sation page?
Thanks.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Webcam image resize

Post by admin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 pm

Meteobridge does not have SW on board to resize. Resizing can only be done on the Meteobridge server. You can have WU to grab the resized picture from there instead of uploading it via FTP to WU. WU can be operated in both ways.

peterb
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by peterb » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi,
Its strange as it has worked perfectly for years.Do I just put the https://admin.meteobridge.com/cam/xxxxx ... amplus.jpg url in at WU on the page that is for that? What is the frequency of the image update of the meteobridge cam?
many thanks for you help.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:14 am

You can define cam upload frequency as you do for any other weather network. Can you poll the cam and camplus images from the Meteobridge server? If that works the problem is clearly WU related. WU cam handling has not always been very reliable and consistent. "wxforum.net" has a WU section, may be you find some hints there?