Meteobridge Pro Red - Soil Station Data Differences with Weatherlink and Cumulus **solved**

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

simonjf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Meteobridge Pro Red - Soil Station Data Differences with Weatherlink and Cumulus **solved**

Post by simonjf » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi,

I've just recently setup a Meteobridge Pro (Red) with my Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station. I'm loving the graphing features and the additional tags and selectors. Everytings seems to be working fine except the data for the soil station which appears to be getting separate figures for the temperature and mositure:

As an example heres the current data from the Meteobridge Pro.
Meteobridge.PNG
Meteobridge.PNG (8.12 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Which gives the following:
Soil Temp1 3.0°C
Soil Temp2 3.0°C
Soil Temp3 3.8°C
Soil Temp4 4.2°C
Soil Moisture1 2cb
Soil Moisture2 1cb
Soil Moisture3 0cb
Soil Moisture4 0cb

Here's the Weatherlink Data.
Weather Link.PNG
Weather Link.PNG (6.21 KiB) Viewed 385 times
And heres the same data in CumulusMX
CumulusMX.PNG
CumulusMX.PNG (8.84 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Both Weatherlink and CumulusMX give the sensor data as follows:
Soil Temp1 2.8°C
Soil Temp2 2.8°C
Soil Temp3 3.9°C
Soil Temp4 3.9°C
Soil Moisture1 1cb
Soil Moisture2 1cb
Soil Moisture3 0cb
Soil Moisture4 1cb

As you can see the Weatherlink Data matches the Cumulus Data which also appears to match the Vantage Pro Console (Temperatures are reported as whole numbers in the console).

Have I missed a setting somewhere to get the Soil Station correctly setup?

How often is the soil data updated in Meteobridge looking at the dates and times for the high and lows for the soil data they're all time stamped at 2 minutes past the hour which would make me think they only update once per hour. Here's a link to my webpage showing the highs and lows https://westerhopewx.co.uk/wxsoil.php.

I've set it up so that only todays Highs and Lows displays the time stamp.

Any thoughts or assitance would be much appreciated and thanks for the work to date on the Meteobridge Pro.

Regards,

Simon

simonjf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Meteobridge Pro Red - Soil Station Data Differences with Weatherlink and Cumulus

Post by simonjf » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Ignore this bit
How often is the soil data updated in Meteobridge looking at the dates and times for the high and lows for the soil data they're all time stamped at 2 minutes past the hour which would make me think they only update once per hour. Here's a link to my webpage showing the highs and lows https://westerhopewx.co.uk/wxsoil.php.

I've set it up so that only todays Highs and Lows displays the time stamp.
It's my bad PHP programming using 'm' instead of 'i' for minutes so the 02 was the month.:roll:

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Regards,

Simon

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge Pro Red - Soil Station Data Differences with Weatherlink and Cumulus

Post by admin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 am

Is MB PRO reading RF data from the sensors while Weatherlink and Cumulus are using the Davis logger?

If so, minor differences are to be expected as the sensors are not sending this data as digital values but
as raw data that needs to be approximated to proper temps. We tried to convert as close to the Davis
interpretation as we can, but it is of course not 100% identical.

Regards,
Boris

simonjf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by simonjf » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 am

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the reply and looking into this.
Is MB PRO reading RF data from the sensors while Weatherlink and Cumulus are using the Davis logger?
Yes that's correct.
If so, minor differences are to be expected as the sensors are not sending this data as digital values but
as raw data that needs to be approximated to proper temps. We tried to convert as close to the Davis
interpretation as we can, but it is of course not 100% identical.
Okay thanks, I understand.

Regards,

Simon