Allwinner A10 systems

Moderator: Mattk

Donnerblitz90
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

install meteohub for MiniX system

Post by Donnerblitz90 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Hello,
i have so many problems to get a bootable file named mhminix-v4.9q-v3.img on the sd card. Using the imagewriter i get the message that always 7,560 GB on my card. When i check it, than are only 20,4 MB on it.The complete card memory is shown like 29,4 MB. What the matter? It is a 8 GB microcard!! I have do this for three times. Always the same result. Other imagewriter provide always invalid results. I do this on windows platform win 7/64. Who can help me?

greets

Donnerbitz90

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: install meteohub for MiniX system

Post by admin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:54 pm

your windows desktop cannot handle the multiple linux partitions that are brought onto the SD card when installing the image. So you just see the first tiny partition when accessing it with a windows pc. So everything is right.

Imagewrite does have hickups some time. When you have a linux PC/Mac around bringing image via dd low level write to SD card is a no brainer. Windows tries to keep you from low level disk writes away at any cost. If someone knows a more reliabe low level disk writer for windows, any suggestions are welcome.

wfpost
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wfpost » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:40 pm

I was in contact with the guy,

The image was written correctly, but it seems his MiniX does not boot at all from the SD-Slot.
Is there any boot settings in the BIOs to change the boot order or does it boot from SD as first device in any case?

hnoor0011
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by hnoor0011 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:28 am

If someone knows a more reliabe low level disk writer for windows, any suggestions are welcome.
NOOR