Meine Station

Moderator: Mattk

gust
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

My station in Fontanes, France

Post by gust » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:33 pm

http://www.sevestre.net/Plug/indexSevestreFontanes.html

As you can see if you click on the above link, my weather page dedicated to family and paraglider friends does not pretend to be a technical reference!
It is just meant to be as simple as possible to evaluate local weather and flying conditions.

My VantagePro2 station used to run with Wview and several old defunct Linux PCs.
I hope that this new Sheeva plug and Meteohub investment is going to run 365 days/year without problem...

Any suggestion to improve the page is welcomed, especially if it does not work well under other browsers than Firefox.
A way to erase the bottom part of the pressure and humidity graphs would be appreciated. It is presently meaningless and it might as well disappear.

Cheers.

wfpost
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: My station in Fontanes, France

Post by wfpost » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:50 am

gust wrote: Any suggestion to improve the page is welcomed, especially if it does not work well under other browsers than Firefox.
A way to erase the bottom part of the pressure and humidity graphs would be appreciated. It is presently meaningless and it might as well disappear.

Cheers.
to get rid of the time scale with your pressure and hum graphs you could create two seperate websites where you embed the two graphs in a way using margins to cut of the bottom part.
Then you embed those websites with IFrame tags with your main site.

Removing the time scale with gnuplot might not be possible, because that part of creating the graph is under full control of meteohub. But I might be wrong here.

wfpost
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wfpost » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:12 am

just had a look:
you can remove the time scale, if you enter or add this command with the format line at the GUI with your graphs

set noxtics

gust
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by gust » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks wfpost.

"set noxtics" works just fine.