WeatherLink and Meteobridge

Meine Station

Moderator: Mattk

steviebaby59
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

WeatherLink and Meteobridge

Post by steviebaby59 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:17 pm

:P I believe I found a great solution to operating meteobridge and Davis WeatherLink software together. As you know, Davis has difficulty communicating with downloads while meteobridge is operating and pulling the same IP address. I have installed the following item which can be found on eBay in my Ethernet line.- url] http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digital-LCD-Prog ... AQ:CA:1123 [/url]

I peeled back my Ethernet cable to expose all the wires about half way through the connection between my router and the meteobridge device. I snapped the (green/white) wire on the Ethernet cable. This is the receive data line. I inserted one into the number "3" terminal on the switcher device and the other on terminal "4". Plugged both ends into the router and meteobridge.

I programed the switcher's times to correspond with my Davis download times. So far, this has been working excellent. My downloads on WeatherLink are very smooth, and my meteobridge operates without a glitch.

If anyone is interested in this, please feel free to let me know if you need any more information.