Czech characters in days, months

Definitions of graphs you want to share with us

Moderator: Mattk

Post Reply
HWTest
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Czech characters in days, months

Post by HWTest » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 am

I'm using this graph definition command line parameters:
set locale "cs_CZ"; set encoding iso_8859_2; set term png font "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/times.ttf" 10
But on the X axis there are wrong characters in days/months.
What I'm doing wrong?

Here are samples, where I have used weekdays and moths as line description and in the description the characters are OK, but not on the X axis.

Weekdays
Between St and Pá should be Čt.
Image

Moths 1-6
There should be "led, úno, bře, dub, kvě, čen" on the X axis.
Image

Moths 7-12
There should be "čec, srp, zář, říj, lis, pro" on the X axis.
Image

HWTest
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: Czech characters in days, months

Post by HWTest » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 am

Anyone?

rovinj
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Czech characters in days, months

Post by rovinj » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Try to upload another font.

HWTest
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: Czech characters in days, months

Post by HWTest » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:41 pm

I have tried different fonts already.
Fonts which support Czech characters look like in the graphs in my first post, fonts without look like this:
Image

The strangest thing happened, when I defined a font in the graph definition, which wasn't there:
Image

Rihard
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Czech characters in days, months

Post by Rihard » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi,

I live in Slovenia and I have the same localization problem.

So far I found out that manual installing of another TrueType font into
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/
works ok on graph area (only). For example:

Code: Select all

set term png font "arial,15"
will render the legend correctly.
But tags on x-axe have wrong characters.

I think that the problem is outside of gnuplot. Linux localization of date/time words obviously uses different code page. Maybe they used utf8 which is unsupported in "set encoding..." command. Btw, "set encoding" has no effect at all.

I would manually edit these words if they are inside an editable file. But I don`t know where localization files are. Maybe someone could tell us where to look for.

Rihard

Post Reply