Problems with firmware 5.0

What's hot...

Moderator: Mattk

rainrainrain
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Problems with firmware 5.0

Post by rainrainrain » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Earlier today I noticed (via the Meteohub web interface) that there was a 5.0 update available, and let it install. Since then I've had no output from the Meteohub, I'm using a Meteostick to read data from a Davis, all sensors are showing a last signal time of "Never" (including the local stuff from the Meteostick, indoor temp and atmospheric pressure). Is anyone else having this problem? It looks like the latest firmware update has killed the ability to get data from the Meteostick, and since the last firmware update linked to is 4.9y (not the actual 4.9zb) I can't easily roll back to a previous version.

Update: If someone has a 4.9zb image I can grab I can manually downgrade to that, assuming that's possible after a 5.0 update.

rainrainrain
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Problems with firmware 5.0

Post by rainrainrain » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Posting a reply to my own question, since this fixes the problem: Installing 5.0 seems to change the device name of the Meteostick, previously (over several updates) it was /dev/ttyMH11, now it's /dev/ttyMH21. Going into the Weather Station menu and changing the device name fixed the problem, I'm now getting data from the Meteostick again. So for Meteostick users, if installing 5.0 causes you to lose the ability to access the Meteostick, go into the Weather Station menu and change the device name to whatever's set up for the Meteostick.