This is intended for WMR100, WMR200, WMRS200 and RMS300 specific topics

Moderator: Mattk

pguy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

can't see THWR800 sensor ** solved **

Post by pguy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:18 pm

*sorry if this gets double posted*

I have just set up a WMR100 connected to meteohub (v2.6). My THWR800 sensor displays fine on the basestation on channel 2, but doesn't show up in the list of sensors on the meteohub. Is this typical? Apparently people don't have much issue with the UV 800series sensor. I noted the THWR288 was listed in the help but not the THWR800.

This is the sensor page output:
Type # ID Name Last Signal Sensor Data
PCR800 rain0 26 sec 0.0mm/h
WTGR800 wind0 9 sec 0.0(0.0)m/s WNW
WMR100 thb0 8 sec 25.1° 45% 1000.0mb (1000.0mb) fc:3
WTGR800 1 th0 35 sec 25.8° 50%

Any suggestions?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re:can't see THWR800 sensor

Post by admin » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 pm

I don't have experience with the THWR800 sensor in general and have no idea what a WMR-100 will do with it, but I am interested to learn ;-)
Does the WMR-100 handle this as a regular additional temp-hygro sensor?

Does your "meteohub log" say any interesting about invalid values or so?

do you have a chance to open port 5557 on your router and to forward this port to your Meteohub (TCP protcol is fine, don't need UDP)?
Then please send the WAN IP to "info(at)meteohub.de". This will allow me to read the raw data coming from the WMR-100. May be I can spot the data of the new sensor.

pguy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pguy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:16 pm

The "meteohub log" has some strange values. It initially has the MH starting a WMR-100, but then it apparently began to start as a WMR-928.

-
logger (31.07.2008 12:46:29): started WMR-928 (0).
logger (31.07.2008 12:46:29): USB chip set: Vendor ID 0fde:ca01
logger (31.07.2008 12:46:29): can't open device /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directory
logger (31.07.2008 12:46:59): started WMR-928 (0).
logger (31.07.2008 12:46:59): USB chip set: Vendor ID 0fde:ca01
logger (31.07.2008 12:46:59): can't open device /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directory
logger (31.07.2008 12:47:22): started WMR-100 (2).
logger (31.07.2008 12:47:22): USB chip set: Vendor ID 0fde:ca01
-
The top 3 lines repeats many times (~30). The "weather station" page however has the checkbox selected as a WMR-100.

If this helps in diagnosis, I also noticed that when attempting to plot wind-direction as radar-plot it doesn't plot anything (giving me a sensor choice of sdir0() as a sensor choice). It does however plot as a time chart (ie. as line graph).

The IP is a local IP from my router, so I don't think it will be viewable from outside (one of the 192.168 type IPs). Will opening port 5557 allow this? Thanks.

sevenless
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by sevenless » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:57 pm

The IP is a local IP from my router, so I don't think it will be viewable from outside (one of the 192.168 type IPs). Will opening port 5557 allow this? Thanks.
Yes, you basically tell your router/firewall that any external requests on port 5557 should be forwarded to your NSLU2.

See http://portforward.com/routers.htm for more information about this and a nice how-to for most popular brands and models.

skyewright
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by skyewright » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:56 pm

Bear in mind that admin (Boris) is currently on holiday so it will probably be a while before he can take a look...

pguy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pguy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:21 pm

The station data should now be available at:
http://pguyweather@dyndns.org:5557
(I hope, let me know if not)

Also, a seriously newbie question :huh: , but how do I access the saved data off the meteohub? I know how to define plots, but i would like to analyze it in excel. The pdf guide said it would be in the /public directory "on the LAN", but I only know how to access the MH via its IP. I've searched for it on the network and cannot find it.

skyewright
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by skyewright » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:58 pm

pguy wrote:Also, a seriously newbie question :huh: , but how do I access the saved data off the meteohub? I know how to define plots, but i would like to analyze it in excel.
For the raw data excel is not going to be very useful. The files are not CSVs.

For that sort of analysis you could try setting up the WSWIN or WD exports, then use excel to look at the files they produce (WSWIN is CSV, WD is space delimited).
The pdf guide said it would be in the /public directory "on the LAN", but I only know how to access the MH via its IP. I've searched for it on the network and cannot find it.
Have you tried searching for a computer called "meteohub".
When found, to look inside it you'll need to provide a username and password - which will be meteohub and meteohub even if you've set something else for the we interface.

Does that help?

sevenless
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by sevenless » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:59 am

Although the data is not in CSV format, it will still import into Excel because it is all space-delimited. However there is a problem -- a single month of data has far too many rows for Excel to process (Excel's maximum is approximately 65536, and depending on your configuration and sensors that's only about one week of data!)

You have two options here -- First you can open the raw files in a text editor that can handle very large text files, such as EditPad, and break the data into smaller chunks. Second, you can use the 'Inspect Data' page on Meteohub's web interface to select the sensors and time-frame you are interested in, and only import that data into Excel. If you choose that option, you should either first paste the data into a text file and follow the import instructions below, or use 'Edit -> Paste Special' to tell Excel how to break up the data into cells.

To import data into Excel from a raw data file, here's what to do:

First, you obviously need to locate the network share. In Windows XP, find the My Network Places folder and look for it there, it will be named something like "Public on Samba 3.0.23c" or "Public on [your Meteohub server name]" -- username and password both 'meteohub'.

Then, for safety, copy the raw data files you want to analyze, and open the copy! You might be able to break up the data in a text editor that can handle very large text files, such as EditPad, and then open the smaller, 65000-line files in Excel.

Within Excel, go to File -> Open, select 'show all files' and locate the raw data file within the month you wish to look at.

You will get a window called "Text Import Wizard". On page 1, select the radio button called 'Delimited' and then select 'next'. On page 2, select 'space' as the delimiter and you should see the data preview window adjust with lines between every column of data. You can then click 'Finish' and skip page 3 since that page only deals with pre-formatting the data for special instances such as dates, currency, etc.

Then you can sort the data by sensor type, and do whatever general analysis you desire.

Chill
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Chill » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:37 am

You have two options here -- First you can open the raw files in a text editor that can handle very large text files, such as EditPad, and break the data into smaller chunks. Second, you can use the 'Inspect Data' page on Meteohub's web interface to select the sensors and time-frame you are interested in, and only import that data into Excel. If you choose that option, you should either first paste the data into a text file and follow the import instructions below, or use 'Edit -> Paste Special' to tell Excel how to break up the data into cells.

To import data into Excel from a raw data file, here's what to do:

First, you obviously need to locate the network share. In Windows XP, find the My Network Places folder and look for it there, it will be named something like "Public on Samba 3.0.23c" or "Public on [your Meteohub server name]" -- username and password both 'meteohub'.
Just in case that can help you:

I use EDITPAD PRO for long time and I find interesting using FOLD feature, which allows you to just select the registers that match with an specific filter, say "20080130" would select filters belonging to January, 30th. Then you can copy another text file, to Excel, ...

A better option IMO is using VBA in Excel. This allows you to make a query of the registers you want to read, and populate Excel cells. Important to notice that you need to change the extension of raw file, so it needs to be changed to raw.txt
I work always on a backup copy.

With a short macro you get the info you need and then you can do your stats:
here is a possible code

Sub Raw_reading()
Dim APath As String

APath = "N:\\WEATHER\\200801" ' path to be changed
Set cNn = New ADODB.Connection
cNn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet" _
& ".OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & APath _
& ";Extended Properties='text;HDR=NO;" _
& "FMT=Delimited'"

Set rsFORM = New Recordset
rsFORM.Open "Select * from raw.txt where instr(1,F1,'20080130' )>0", cNn, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly

If rsFORM.RecordCount < 1 Then
MsgBox "No data found"
GoTo noData
Else
'Sheets("RAW" ).Activate ' name of sheet
Range("A2" ).CopyFromRecordset rsFORM
End If

noData:
rsFORM.Close
cNn.Close

End Sub

HTH,
Chill

skyewright
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by skyewright » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:13 pm

If you take the WSWIN export route then examine those files, a lot of the agregation gets done for you since it produces files with one row (with values for each selected sensor) per minute.

pguy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pguy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have set up the WSWIN output and it seems to be working. I discovered the meteohub on the network in another workgroup. The raw data may come in handy when I'm looking at wind gust peaks. Thanks.

BTW, I had to take the meteohub port forward off the router. I was getting swamped from masked IPs :S

longtian006
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: can't see THWR800 sensor ** solved **

Post by longtian006 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 am

I had a discussion with Bert from RFXCOM on this during the last days. It turns out that RFreceiver program they provide has a bug as well.