WMRS200 info wanted on the hub

This is intended for WMR100, WMR200, WMRS200 and RMS300 specific topics

Moderator: Mattk

gm4jjj
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

WMRS200 info wanted on the hub

Post by gm4jjj » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:53 pm

I recently purchased an Oregon Scientific WMR100N from the Weather Shop UK and have it connected up to a small linux netbook running meteohub in a VM.

I notice that Weather Shop sells a "Pro Bundle"http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog ... undle.html
which includes WD WDL a solar cell and a "hub" which appears to be the WMRS200 receiver.

I may get this as I wanted a solar cell for the wind sensor anyway and need a WD+WDL licence as well.

I downloaded an instruction manual for the WMRS200 to try to understand what it could do, I was especially wanting to know how the user set the altitude for the baro compensation in this unit, but although it says it can be set it does not explain how. In the WMR100N console you can set this easily, and it then outputs the corrected baro figure as well as the actual figure. I wonder if the WMRS200 unit just outputs the actual measured value and relies on a software offset later on.?

Anyone with the Pro Bundle that can fill me in?

gm4jjj
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re:WMRS200 info wanted on the hub

Post by gm4jjj » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:06 pm

I got the answer from the good folks at ukweathershop - you cannot set the altitude in the WMRS200 hub, it has to be adjusted in software. So now I know.