Lost sensors preventing upload

This is intended for WMR100, WMR200, WMRS200 and RMS300 specific topics

Moderator: Mattk

wochips
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Lost sensors preventing upload

Post by wochips » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I am using WMR88 with iConnect and frequently get a meteohub message that no data has been received for 30 minutes and upload has stopped. The WMR88 is receiving changing data from the sensors during this period but this is not being detected by meteohub.
When I connect to meteohub after receiving this message, all sensors show "never".
Rebooting meteohub immediately cures the problem so it seems that the loss of sensor data is due to a glitch in the software. I am running version 4.9i build 1061. Is there any way to overcome this problem?
WMR88 UV
iConnect

YJB
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Lost sensors preventing upload

Post by YJB » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:01 am

Hi,

I don't think that this is an error in the software, most likely an USB oriented issue. You can try to disconnect and connect the USB cable that might resolve the issue. Also, if you were to reboot the WMR88 without rebooting MH it would probably also resolve the issue (just to prove that MH is not to blame).

You can try to use a different USB cable (a shorter one??), put a RF-coil on the cable or just simply reroute the cable, since it might pick up RF signals (which are causing the problem).

wochips
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by wochips » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks for advice, I will try another usb cable. I already tried re-booting WMR88 but this made no difference to the problem.
WMR88 UV
iConnect

wilmastop
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by wilmastop » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello Wochips,

My be it is a WMR88 problem.
I also have a WMR88 and still no sensors are detected on Meteohub.
Compatibility WMR88 en Meteohub?
WMR88 is a new weather station.

Are there any suggestions from anyone?

Please help.

krgs

wil mastop

wochips
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by wochips » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Hello wil , I have managed to sort out the problem with loss of data upload until reboot. The USB cable I was using was the one supplied with the WMR88 which is fitted with choke at each end. I replaced this with a much shorter USB cable of the same design and have since had no problem with sensors not supplying data for 30 minutes. I still get a message in the log that the outside air temperature sensor has not provided data two or three times a day but these are temporary drop outs that do not stop uploading of data to network.

Is your problem that Meteohub has never detected your sensors at all?
WMR88 UV
iConnect