Requests for future functionality

Moderator: Mattk

nickd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Raw station data passthrough

Post by nickd » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi,

I've just come across the meteohub.. it looks great and I bought a MR3020 to run it on with my Davis Envoy/VP2 ISS.

I have an existing setup where the Envoy is connected to a home automation touchscreen which has my own code running to retrieve and log the data from the Envoy.

I was looking to move away from the and the idea of having my data logged on WU and/or WOW was appealing, however I am finding that this doesn't cover all of the measurements that I am interested in (which are all contained in the responses to the LOOP and HILOWS commands).

I would be quite happy to rewrite my code to use the existing live data.cgi and livedataxml.cgi links, but they don't have all the parameters that come out in the LOOP and HILOWS packets... so if this is what the meteohub is already getting I figured it might be easier to just copy the raw responses to another socket.

Would this be possible?

Cheers,

Nick

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Raw station data passthrough

Post by wvdkuil » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:59 pm

I assume you want to use Meteobridge not Meteohub?

When you connecte a Davis logger to the Meteobridge, any weatherprogram can then access the logger also as it uses pass-thru. That weatherprogram has to support a WeatherLink-IP logger and has to connect to the Meteobridge IP address :port 22222

The Meteobridge only listens to the passing packets between your weatherprogram and the Davis station to get the data it needs.

Did not find any problems with about 10 weatherprograms I tested for my template. So I assume that your program should run without problems either,

wim
Last edited by wvdkuil on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Raw station data passthrough

Post by nickd » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:06 am

Thanks for the reply... I didn't realise it did this, but it sounds perfect!

Cheers,

Nick