Requests for future functionality

Moderator: Mattk

doublecheese
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

METEOHUB ANDROID APPLICATION

Post by doublecheese » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi

I have been using the Meteohub Shevaplug since already 3-4 years and yesterday I was wondering why don't you just make a simple Android Application that shows the VALUES of the sensors that are connected to meteoplug.

I do not have much computer knowlegde but what I am asking for should not be something difficult. It should just collect the data from somewhere and that is it.

Currently to see my weather data . I am using wunderground.com or WD Live or some other web sites I created. But I think it would be extremely EASY to gather data if you made an APP for it....

Rgds

markhiseman
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: METEOHUB ANDROID APPLICATION

Post by markhiseman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:45 am

Hi,

If you are using Meteohub to upload to a clientraw.txt file to WD Live, then there are several apps that can read that clientraw.txt file and display it on your Android device.

The best I've found is Weather Watch Widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Paid&hl=en

This puts a really good, configurable widget on your home screen.

Mark.

doublecheese
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by doublecheese » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi

Thanks for the update. I just bought this app , but before this I have also searched the Google Play Store and most I could find was widgets just like this one. But they weren't any good, this one however seems better than all as you mentioned.

I still would prefer an APP which works when I want it to work, because this above app you mentioned is a Widget and a widget takes a lot of my necessary space on my home screens.

During this time, I also bought the Oregon Scientific Anywhere Weather Station KIT , which basically does exactly what I want it to do . So I will connect the Anywhere Station Kit to my internet network and read my weather Station date from my phone .

martin150
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by martin150 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 am

Hi !

If you have a webserver you can use IWDL http://sietse.net/iwdl-info/
Its Javascript based and you can call it with any browser !

lg
martin150