Vantage pro 2 console display blank after MB SD upgrade

Davis Vantage Pro2, Pro1 (not firmware A)

Moderator: Mattk

Kaycee
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Vantage pro 2 console display blank after MB SD upgrade

Post by Kaycee »

Hello,
I have used a Meteobridge Nano in my cabled Vantage Pro 2 (2006 model with V1.9 firmware) since January without an issue.
Last weekend, I upgraded my Meteobridge Nano with an ATP SLC industrial 2GB SD card as per the instructional video (I powered down the Console, removed the MB Nano. Installed the SD Card, installed the MB back into the console, and then powered the console up).
I got the usual Beep from the VP2 console as it booted, followed by a higher pitched beep a couple of seconds later. At that stage the screen had assorted weird characters/graphics and hieroglyphics.
I immediately powered down, waited a bit then powered up again. Still the same - weird display. I tried to log into the MB Nano, and found it was working correctly - and the SD card was working too, with the extra History and Graphs menus there, and the System Information telling me that I had a MB Nano SD with 2GB. All sensor information was logging correctly, and it was updating the previously programmed websites correctly.
I powered down and removed the MB Nano, and powered up. So without any MB connected or anything in the data logger socket, it still had the same weird display and no buttons working.

I again powered down, removed the MB, checked the pins on the MB and console socket - all okay. Powered up again, but this time the console screen was completely blank, and none of the console buttons made the console beep. I again logged into the MB, and the MB was working correctly as before.

At this stage - a week later, the MB is still working correctly, and the console is still blank, but is still working enough to feed the MB with data, and to feed Weatherlink or Weather Display software on my PC.

Hoping someone may have a solution. It appears that I will need to buy another console and MB Nano SD as I don't want to install the existing MB into a new console without the risk of damaging it too.
Thanks, Chris.

Kaycee
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Vantage pro 2 console display blank after MB SD upgrade

Post by Kaycee »

Solved!

Powered down and dismantled the Console.
Loosened the ribbon cable from the main board to the display board on each end of the ribbon cable (one end at a time).
Moved the ribbon cable out and back into the socket and then retightened.
Reassembled and plugged in again, and everything working again! Yay! :D

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Vantage pro 2 console display blank after MB SD upgrade

Post by Mattk »

One would have to wonder what the connection is between the ribbon cable and updating the Nano firmware?