8GB stick possible?

Moderator: Mattk

cacti
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

8GB stick possible?

Post by cacti »

I have an existing 4gb stick in my slug which is beginning to regularly fail. Can I use a 8 gb stick as replacement? Can't seem to locate 4gb sticks any more. Do I have to format the 8gb stick any differently and do I still use the 4gb stick image (meteohub)? I ask this because my 1st few attempts at doing so have failed using winrar and roadkil. After writing the image and inserting the stick in the slug, I get proper startup lights but then no beeps and just two steady green lights.

Any help is much appreciated. Long term solution is to switch to meteobridge after my tp-link router arrives as I just upload to wunderground and cwop. ( wish I didn't have to pay another two license fees for my two wx stations in Phoenix and Canada :? )

Thanks for your support,

Tom in Phoenix, AZ
cacti
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: 8GB stick possible?

Post by cacti »

Anybody? Boris?
admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

8GB sticks should work fine with the 4GB meteohub images.
Please make sure you copy to the raw device (physical disk) and not an
already existing partition on the disk. This is error #1 when setting up sticks.
Jamesa002
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Jamesa002 »

cacti wrote: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:01 pm I have an existing 4gb stick in my slug which is beginning to regularly fail. Can I use a 8 gb stick as replacement? Can't seem to locate 4gb sticks any more. Do I have to format the 8gb stick any differently and do I still use the consultant SEO Paris 4gb stick image (meteohub)? I ask this because my 1st few attempts at doing so have failed using winrar and roadkil. After writing the image and inserting the stick in the slug, I get proper startup lights but then no beeps and just two steady green lights.

Any help is much appreciated. Long term solution is to switch to meteobridge after my tp-link router arrives as I just upload to wunderground and cwop. ( wish I didn't have to pay another two license fees for my two wx stations in Phoenix and Canada :? )

Thanks for your support,

Tom in Phoenix, AZ
I then went thru and inspected the data and the information from yesterday's rain was all in there.