error connect socket 127.0.0.1:5555 :Connection refused

Moderator: Mattk

ianwright
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ianwright » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi,

I´ve been playing with the evaluation version and was just about to purchase the software when the dreaded "error connect socket 127.0.0.1:5555 :Connection refused" appeared. In the process of evaluating the software I have changed any number of things but as far as I recall the system went from working to not working without their being any obvious reason.

Although I had only had the system up and running for a few weeks I assumed that the brand new usb stick was at fault. Consequently I prepared a fresh version on an old stick I had. Same problem.

I´ve noticed two things:

1) Under the Weather Station tab I see the following USB serial none USB HID none
2) Under the Licence tab the licence terms for weather display live are not found but the Meteohub ones are there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: error connect socket 127.0.0.1:5555 :Connection refused

Post by admin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:59 am

2) is a bug that will be fixed with next update

1) indicates that your weather station and/or usb-serial adapter is not recognized/connected. This causes the data logger to restart again an again which results the data logger not providing status data on its sockets, which results in the sensors page not beeing able to connect to these. Get the weather station setup/connection issue solved and you wont see the socket errors again.

Joe200
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by Joe200 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:45 pm

admin wrote:2) is a bug that will be fixed with next update

1) indicates that your weather station and/or usb-serial adapter is not recognized/connected. This causes the data logger to restart again an again which results the data logger not providing status data on its sockets, which results in the sensors page not beeing able to connect to these. Get the weather station setup/connection issue solved and you wont see the socket errors again.
I had the same problem some time ago and till now I couldn't solve it. How can I get the weather station setup/connection issue solved? My weather station is Oregon WMR200 and the problem happened with no warning...

Error file open /home/meteohub/meteohub.conf
Warning: Data logging has been halted.

And on every page of meteohub I have an error saying: Error file open /home/meteohub/meteohub.conf

How can I solve all this?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:32 am

setup system from scratch. your flash storage media is broken.