Complete restart

Moderator: Mattk

Canders2
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Complete restart

Post by Canders2 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:36 pm

I have been having issues with my weather station nslu2 interface the last few weeks, corrupted data, sensors data not being logged and data not even being sent to Weatherunderground for periods of time of several minutes to several hours

I have finally tried to resolve the issue and and reset the NSLU2 and am attempting to reload the software to get back online.

The issue I am having is when I boot with the .rar file in the stick in the Disk 1 slot, I never get the green blinking light for Disk 2 to indicate for me to insert the other USB stick and this is as far as a get.

I also notice when I reboot the NSLU2, I now get 2 "high" beeps and a "low" beeps after about 30 seconds, not sure what this indicates. Before I reset the router it was 3 "low" beeps and then after a minute or so, the IP address beeps out.

I have the original USB stick I got when I purchased the meteohub system that I have reformatted and loaded the .rar file onto. I have a new 8G USB with the .dd image on it loaded exactly as the documentation states, even using the Roadkil image writer.

I'm not sure if the router has failed and that's why the Disk2 never flashes. I am at a loss what to do now.

P.S. Reading through other posts, I noticed there are several talking about how the USB stick went bad. I didn't know this was possible and I'm suspecting this is what was causing my issue in the first place. Is the stick physically bad or does reformatting fix this? I'm guessing that I would then need to load the new .dd image and reboot the router to resolve this. Is this correct?
V/R, Chris

everbeen
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Complete restart

Post by everbeen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:43 am

I have the same problem.

dany500
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by dany500 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Same problem is with me. Please admin or anyone reply for the solution.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:45 pm

USB sticks wear out and some of them rather fast. When you have a corrupted file system on the stick, please use a new one.
NSLU2 does not support all types of sticks. Also some NSLU start failing on the USB side after 10 years of operation.
When stick setup instructions don't work for your NSLU2 anymore it must be something with your NSLU2 as I haven't changed anything there.