Wrong rainfall data in Clientraw.txt

Discussion, issues, recommendations around Meteohub's dashboard and WD Live integration

Moderator: Mattk

varaderoxlv1000
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Wrong rainfall data in Clientraw.txt

Post by varaderoxlv1000 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Hello

I'm getting a data error in my clientraw.txt files for monthly and annual rainfall totals from the Meteohub. The daily total is ok, but the monthly and annual total is reading 320mm but the actual total is around 26mm y.t.d. Is there any way I can correct this. I have tried deleting the rainfall data for this month, but that hasn't altered anything. The clientraw.txt file is being used by Weather Display Live, The figures in Weather Display are ok though twice this month I've had some large erroneous totals for daily rainfall but I was able to correct those from within the WD console.
Last edited by varaderoxlv1000 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

varaderoxlv1000
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Wrong rainfall data in Clientraw.txt

Post by varaderoxlv1000 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Hello all again

Well, as I had no replies to my quest, I stupidly edited a couple of history files where the wrong data was, now of course I've rendered them useless. If I delete these files, will they automatically be recreated if I restart the meteohub?

Regards

Richard

EmjayNet
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by EmjayNet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 am

Hi,

Do you mean the history files in the root of weather or the actual raw file in the month folder?

i.e.

hist-alltime, hist-hour1, etc

or

raw

varaderoxlv1000
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by varaderoxlv1000 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:43 am

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the files were hist-month, hist-year and not raw. I had backed up original files to another name to protect them, and then edited the "originals" with wordpad...bad move as then made them text files! I have since renamed the original files back to their original names and although the clientraw type files are being generated, they are obviously picking up errors from the year, month and possibly other erroneous files. Now I thought and I'm sure I did, ask meteohub to make a backup on more than one occassion, but I can't find the files that the meteohub pdf says should be meteohub backup. Apparently if I find it, I can restore with a program called resync (can't find that either), so one way or another, I'm sort of completely screwed!! Incidentally, I would dearly love to know why meteohub keeps generating these very high erroneous daily rain totals every time it rains. The data from the Davis Vantage Pro is absolutely fine, so it has to be a fault/bug in the meteohub I think.

Regards

Richard

EmjayNet
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by EmjayNet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi,

As far as I'm aware the history files are made up from the raw files, so if there is an error in raw it will come through to history ( I only think that’s what happens so don't take my word on that).

Do you have a date and time of high value, if so you could look through INSPECT DATA to see the high error value.
If it was just one reading (20120125094946 rain0 086 0 524) you could mark it for delete to remove from raw.

Then when you got all the errors marked for delete do a recomput on MAINTANANCE page.

The records do not actual get deleted, they get marked with a * (20120112085700 rain0 026 0 272 *) so you can undelete them if it all goes wrong!

I had to do this recently (delete one rain value) when Meteohub got something wrong when it went back and got data from the logger.

Mark

If you are going to do the delete thing I would suggest writing down your deletes, incase you go back to undelete (i.e. 20120112085700 for 60s, etc)

varaderoxlv1000
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by varaderoxlv1000 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 am

Hi Mark

Thanks for that info..very helpful. I've had a multitude of issues with meteohub and Weather Display and as a result I've pretty well reset/reinstalled everything and only just got things settled down tonight, so I'll have a look as soon as I have a moment.

Regards

Richard

EmjayNet
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by EmjayNet » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:13 am

Richard,

I'm with you there, had so many problems with WD, (not wanting to get flamed) so i'll just say it is a bit flaky at the best of times.

Hopefully you can get your data corrected.

If you need any help give us a holler

Mark