I've been using meteohub on a NSLU2 for about 15 months until last weekend - mostly without any problems. The last few weeks the system got more and more unstable due to repeated corruption of the file system of the usb stick.
Because of these problems and the need (wish) of running a low power consumption PC for WsWin I decided to move on to the x86 version of meteohub.
Just last weekend I got a new Intel Atom-based Eee Box with WinXP Home as OS. I prepared everything(?) for moving meteohub from NSLU2 to the new system - but while seeing the finish line, the "old" system broke down again and breathed its last!
So, now meteohub is running(hobbling) as activated VMWare appliance in version 4.2rc6, updated directly from 4.1. I restored all settings of the old system manually, because importing the old application settings did not work properly. The current situation is:
- All sensors of the WMR 200 are available and seem to be logged correctly.
- By now the recomputation of all data of the last 15 month runs fast and the aggregated data look ok.
- Graph uploads work as well.
- Time synchronization problems: After booting the VMWare-System the meteohub time is IN time. But after a successful recomputation the meteohub system time starts to behave weird by slowing down significantly. It runs about at half the speed it should, i.e. 60 minutes in realtime is about 25 minutes for meteohub^^. It also looks like the NTP synchronisation does not work properly, here's a short snippet of ntp.log:
I tried several different ntp-Servers -> no change.
Code: Select all
28 Mar 16:32:58 ntpd: synchronized to 22.214.171.124, stratum 2 28 Mar 16:32:58 ntpd: time reset +122.896941 s 28 Mar 16:40:33 ntpd: synchronized to 126.96.36.199, stratum 2 28 Mar 16:41:39 ntpd: no servers reachable 28 Mar 16:41:57 ntpd: synchronized to 188.8.131.52, stratum 2 28 Mar 16:43:03 ntpd: no servers reachable 28 Mar 16:44:49 ntpd: synchronized to 184.108.40.206, stratum 2 28 Mar 16:46:56 ntpd: synchronized to 220.127.116.11, stratum 2 28 Mar 16:47:20 ntpd: no servers reachable 28 Mar 16:49:19 ntpd: ntpd exiting on signal 15 28 Mar 16:55:30 ntpd: ntpd exiting on signal 15 28 Mar 16:55:32 ntpd: ntpd exiting on signal 15 28 Mar 16:55:32 ntpd: ntpd exiting on signal 15 28 Mar 17:00:55 ntpdate: step time server 18.104.22.168 offset -0.005920 sec 28 Mar 17:00:55 ntpd: frequency initialized 0.000 PPM from /var/spool/ntp.drift 28 Mar 17:05:14 ntpd: synchronized to 22.214.171.124, stratum 1 28 Mar 17:05:14 ntpd: kernel time sync enabled 0001 28 Mar 17:22:33 ntpd: no servers reachable
In the vmx-config file I tried tools.syncTime set to TRUE as well as FALSE(the default) -> no change.
I suppose it has something to do with the VMWare-Configuration Settings, but I'm not sure with this.
- Checksum errors:
In meteohub.log there are now lots of checksum errors like this:. I never did experience that before, well, at least not in masses.
Code: Select all
station 0 (WMR-200), wrong checksum (00f1 vs computed 0208) for sensor model d6 in byte sequence: d6 0d 06 12 1c d9 08 00 00 00 10 f1 00