Moderator: Mattk

norbert
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

missing wind sensor

Post by norbert » Tue May 12, 2015 8:40 am

EDIT 12.05.15 19:20
related wind sensor meteohub log
logger (12.05.2015 19:13:28): Bad wind0(0) sensor data, "chill x10" (-999) out of range [-700:1500]
UNQUOTE
------------------------------------

Good evening! Now good morning :-)
Congratulation for the board! As a silent reader for many years I have found very valuable information but now I have to bother and ask for active support.

I am using Meteohub on Alix 1D since a couple of years without any big problems. After having to exchange the damaged wind sensor (I bought a complete WMR200 set which I use as second display in another room) I do not see wind data on the Alix Server although both WMR200 station show valid datas. Outside-, inside- pool- and additional temp. sensors, rain and UV are OK.
Have completely re-installed the system from USB stick by version 5.0 but still the same. Again thanks for the helpful installation advice on the homepage as I have limited knowledge on HW/SW and especially no idea about Linux. All sensors are being received and displayed on both WMR200 (equipped with additional Aurel RX module) but still the wind sensor is not seen on the sensor page in Meteohub.

System and meteohub log since new Installation is available but could not manage to upload the text file as attachment :-( (See above - limited knowledge [DAU user?]) Is there anybody who can assist? Maybe someone in Vienna? Will cover the expenses.

Thanks in advance

Norbert

PS: have already asked for support at the hardware dealers in DE and AT - suggest sending in my CF card and they will set-up a demo version or sell me a brand new CF Card with pre-installed Meteohub against payment - no answer from both companies ... then I have tried with my limited knowledge and after some attempts I could install Meteohub:-)

PPS: at the very beginning I could manage to see my Meteohub System via dyndns (initially free, now with annual payment) but I am unable to regain this service (just to inform my ability about software - as to Internet access)

norbert
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: missing wind sensor

Post by norbert » Wed May 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi guys,

formated the CF card on PC, re-installed again. Now wind sensor is available but still have some troubles. Before I am too upset and damage the Hardware on purpose I have decided to buy a complete new system - neither from AT nor from DE as both companies did ignore my E-Mail and reminder totally.

Problem is not solved but no need to reply/help.

Thanks for 20 reads

Norbert
--------------------------------------------
Edit 14.5.12:52 local time -if for someonne of interest - did not try have to leave
Have found in Raspberyy Forum the following....

Re: 1 sensor not appearing in the sensor tab

Postby admin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:02 am

Please assign the primary outdoor hum sensor an ID, first.
Having done that, wind sensor is able to compute wind chill
and wind data will also appear on sensor page.

Please also check on "weather station" page that an existing TH sensor is
specified to be used for windchill computation.

norbert
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by norbert » Sun May 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Good evening,

update on my issue: outdoor sensor adressing did not work - still no sensor although WMR receives data (out of range....)
Now after low-level formatting the CF Card (still the original since 2009) my System is up and running without any "out of range or missing sensor" ... strange to me but anyhow will go for an Raspberry next week.
Do believe that I will ask for some help if I do not succeed with Setup by my own.

Definitely will read before starting the Raspberry :-) no Linux knowledge on my side for instance (was unable to define a virtual sensor without support - will now search the forum for this too)

Greetings
Norbert

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun May 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Wind sensor needs a temp sensor to be specified for wind chill computation.
This is done on "weather station" page. Please go to there, select outdoor sensor
and press "save" to make changes (or previous selection) permanent.

When selected temp sensor has been assigned the correct ID on "sensor" page,
wind sensor will also show up.