and other offical x86 platforms like e-boxes and fitPC

Moderator: Mattk

dplacko
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Installing on Alix3D2

Post by dplacko » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Hello,

I recently got an Alix3D2 and followed the windows instructions for extracting the USB image and writing meteohub-x86-4GB.gz (image.bin) to a 4GB CF card. I initially had issues with the SanDisk 4GB card I got because the image would not fit on it, but I got another card which worked successfully.

When I watch the boot start-up with the serial console, it hangs on loading GRUB... After the loading GRUB message, the cursor moves down a few times in the first 10 seconds then stops.

I purchased a license and am ready to start using it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Best,
Dave

WileD
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Installing on Alix3D2

Post by WileD » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:22 am

Did you find a resolution to this problem? I just got an Alix.3D2 and I have been trying to get it working. I am seeing the exact same issue that you describe. GRUB starts to load, then a few blank lines, then nothing (hang).

I do not believe it is an issue with the system board or the CF because I have been able to put an image of debian-for-alix on the CF and boot with no issues. However, when I try to put the meteohub image on the CF and boot it does not work. I have tried to copy the image onto the CF from both windows and Linux, both with the same result.

Just wonder if there is a resolution.

Thanks

Darren

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:28 am

Can you please check bios settings. As far as I remember the 3D2 has a light-weight BIOS to be reached with a serial console.

netsigi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by netsigi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Running on 3D2 since many years. There was a BIOS-Problem longtime ago. Check for Updates. But if it is a newly purchased one there should be no problem. Be also careful with USB-Stuff that can be interpreted as keyboard presses during boot.

tinu75
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tinu75 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:16 pm

WileD wrote:Did you find a resolution to this problem? I just got an Alix.3D2 and I have been trying to get it working. I am seeing the exact same issue that you describe. GRUB starts to load, then a few blank lines, then nothing (hang).

I do not believe it is an issue with the system board or the CF because I have been able to put an image of debian-for-alix on the CF and boot with no issues. However, when I try to put the meteohub image on the CF and boot it does not work. I have tried to copy the image onto the CF from both windows and Linux, both with the same result.

Just wonder if there is a resolution.

Thanks

Darren
Darren. i have exact the same problem. have you a solution for this?