and other offical x86 platforms like e-boxes and fitPC

Moderator: Mattk

curzondax
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

alix1E does not boot from USB

Post by curzondax » Fri May 09, 2014 8:56 pm

Hello,
for some reason my Alix1E does not boot from USB.
When I installed for the first time I had to boot from CF and install on an external hard disk plugged into the IDE port.
Now my disk is dead and I need to reinstall but this time I'd like to go CF.
Unfortunately the USB stick does not boot.
Any hint?
Thanks

Paolo

curzondax
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: alix1E does not boot from USB

Post by curzondax » Sun May 11, 2014 8:51 am

Ok I've tried everything and nothing works.
So I've installed my 1E as if it's a 3D2 and it works. But still, the installation instructions written in http://wiki.meteohub.de/Setup_ALIX.1D don't work on 1E.

Paolo

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Tue May 13, 2014 8:19 pm

It does not say that it installs on a 1E. Installers are for Alix1D and Alix3D3 and Alix3D2.
So I don't understand why you complain about problems with a ALIX1E :roll:

curzondax
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by curzondax » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Sorry for being this late in answering to this post but as I solved my problem I had no reason to come back to the forum.
admin wrote:So I don't understand why you complain about problems with a ALIX1E :roll:
Let me explain:

1) It was NOT a complaint. It was a support request. And I got no answer.
2) Back in May PCEngine was NOT selling 1D anymore. Only 1E. So your documentation is outdated and it was already outdated in May. At least remove the part where you talk about 1D because is does not work on 1E.
3) I am a Customer, I paid for the software and I deserve at least a polite answer. Example of acceptable polite answer: "I am very sorry but I've got no idea"

The software is great but Customer relations need some fine tuning. To be constructive, let me rephrase your message in a more Customer-oriented way:

"hello Paolo,
glad you managed to install the software on your 1E. We haven't had yet the opportunity to test Meteohub on 1E, your way of installing is a precious information for us so we can update our documentation.
Thank you for choosing Meteohub!"

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:35 pm

hello Paolo,
glad you managed to install the software on your 1E. We haven't had yet the opportunity to test Meteohub on 1E, your way of installing is a precious information for us so we can update our documentation.
Thank you for choosing Meteohub!