ELV USB-WDE1?

Moderator: Mattk

markusk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

ELV USB-WDE1?

Post by markusk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:18 pm

i don't need no weatherstation with display, just want to get my sensor's data online.. so, are there any plans on supporting the WDE1 from ELV?
http://www.elv.at/output/controller.asp ... 4916&flv=1

the protocol seems open/documented - so it should be easy, shouldn't it? or are there any other reasons it can't work?

thanks,
markus.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: ELV USB-WDE1?

Post by admin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:51 pm

nice pick, I just ordered one to test with.

As far as I could see just logview protocol is documented, not the protocol of data which flow in via usb-serial connection of the USB-WDE1. But this shouldn't be too hard, I guess.
Does anyone have more detail on that?

markusk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by markusk » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:05 am

ok, so i'm optimistic, and ordered one (+ks300) either ;)

will be my first weatherstation which i'd hope to get online with my sheevaplug..

would be nice if you'd reply to this thread with any updates..

thanks,
markus.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 pm

I only ordered a temp/hum sensor with it, so I would like to access your ks300 via your sheevaplug remotely, to get final tests done. When you email your email address to "info(at)meteohub.de" I will contact you to setup the remote access for testing with your ks300 when driver looks to be ready.

Further reading in the web turned out that the unit reports via cp210x usb serial converter and data directly comes in ascii logview format unless otherwise configured. If so, implementing support into Meteohub will be a no brainer :mrgreen:

jubi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jubi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:21 am

This ELV USB-WDE1 looks interesting, but is it right, that there is no sensor for atmospheric pressure ?

Uwe

markusk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by markusk » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:02 am

true.. seems there is no external pressure-sensor available, and the receiver itself doesn't have any..

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:37 pm

@markusk: does the 4.6p work correctly with your ks300? As told I could just test with a temp/hygro sensor.

markusk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by markusk » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:19 pm

i still don't have it, as mentioned in my mail (troublesome "first order" at elv).. didn't you recieve it? (as i didn't get a reply either..)

markusk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by markusk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:41 pm

finally got the parcel.

my sheevaplug is on a remote site right now, so i thought i'd play with vm-ware first..

i *think* i got it to connect properly, but still got issues, not sure though what to blame, might simply be a reception-issue as well..

when i went to the "sensors" for the first time i got rain/wind/thermo-sensors+values there, so i gave them an ID, and thought well, let's put the KS300 on the roof at once.. coming back it didn't show any sensors anymore :( (distance to receiver is ~8m now with some bricks and insulation inbetween) i went out to take out batteries once, but this didn't help, and now it's raining, so i can't go out anymore :(

but then i found that i get errors on the console http://studio.photing.com/_markus/xchange/shot00431.jpg

fwiw, i took the vm-ware-image and didn't install anything else..

thanks for any hints,
markus.

markusk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by markusk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 pm

ok, i typed the previous post after i had rebooted the VM, which didn't change anything - no sensors, and errors on console..

but then suddenly the sensors appeared, and i can actually "see" it raining now 8)

still getting the errors on the console though..

edit: and still am getting random signal-loss.. but not only from the KS300 but also the S300IA which is indoors, just separated from the receiver by a thin wall - so it seems to be an issue of the receiver not getting read properly..

markus.

thlmobile
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by thlmobile » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:34 am

Thanks a lot for these hints. I'll check it for my situation after one week on vacation.