Labjack U3 questions

Moderator: Mattk

marc10k
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Labjack U3 questions

Post by marc10k » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Hello

I plan to integrate the Labjack U3 LV or HV module into my Meteohub system. It runs as an VirtualBox Image on my Linux computer. My plan is to use the Labjack as an input for a couple of analog signals. I want to monitor the power comsumption of some electric devices by using a current probe and converting the AC signal into DC with an AC to RMS converter. This will give me an DC voltage relating to the power consumption. The exact amount is not that critical. I am more or less interested in the on/off times. Another setup would be using a differential pressure sensor to monitor an air filter or a PT100 for temperature measurement.

How will the analog signals show up later in Meteohub? Will it be a voltage readout of the input or the corresponding binary represenstation?
In order to have an proper reprensentation of the inputs can I do some math on the values? For example I have a 0-10 V signal and divide it by 5 with resistors, the readout of the LV version could be 0-2 V. Can I then multiply the value in Meteohub by a factor of 5? Other application is the pressure readout or signal from the current probe where other factors could be used.

I hope some of the questions can be answered.

Marcus

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Labjack U3 questions

Post by admin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:49 pm

All values from labjack will be mapped to tape "data". You can do math on it by settings on calibration page (offset and factor).

hnoor77
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Labjack U3 questions

Post by hnoor77 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:26 pm

This will give me an DC voltage relating to the power consumption. The exact amount is not that critical. I am more or less interested in the on/off times. Another setup would be using a differential pressure sensor to monitor an air filter or a PT100 for temperature measurement.