LEDs blink in Meteosheeva

Moderator: Mattk

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: LEDs blink in Meteosheeva

Post by BigAlT »

There is a little check box at the bottom of the friezed page that says “ I have read and understood the license terms “. Check this box and push the button marked “ I accept “. This will bring up the Maintenance Page where you can enter the Activation Code you saved. Delete the activation code that is already shown in the activation code box and enter the activation code you received from the Transfer Web Page and which you carefully wrote down. Push the Save button and you should be activated.
After you have activated your Rpi Meteohub push the update button on the Maintenance Page and wait until it shows ready to install ( it will take a long time so continue waiting ) to update to the latest version of the Software v5.1(d).

gust
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by gust »

In order to use Meteohub I have, thanks to you BigAIT, tried many options, but it seems that after each advance, a new obstacle arises.
The progression is endless and the final result always a little further.

Now I can't find this page (the friezed one) where I did actually see a checkbox at a time during a manipulation.
In fact I don't know any more what to put and where.
There are new codes, old codes, new passwords, old passwords, system IDs, MAC addresses, various Meteohub pages. It's all endless and so confusing.
I need to take a step back for a day or two. I'm sorry.

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

gust, I’m sorry you’re so confused, but you’ve already accomplished the most difficult steps. Only a few steps remain, At this time there are only two items you need. You can forget all the others. You only need the Activation Code you got from the transfer web page which you carefully wrote down and the System ID you got from the license page, and you only need to save the System ID to a safe place just in case you need to install Meteohub on a new Micro SD card in the future should your RPi Meteohub micro SD card become corrupted and crash. You DO NOT need your System ID to activate your RPi Meteohub !!. You only need the Activation Code you received from the Transfer Web Page and carefully wrote down. You don’t need anything else.
To activate your Meteohub you must load the Meteohub License page ( what you’ve been calling the friezed page ). To get to the license Page with the little check box at the bottom first unplug the power to your RPi. Then plug it back in. After it completely starts ( the little red light is on solid, the little green light is blinking and the yellow and green lights next to the Ethernet port are both blinking ) go to a web browser and enter the IP address that your router assigned to your RPi. If you are unable to login to your Meteohub using the same IP address you used before, for some reason your router may have assigned your RPi a new IP address which is why you can’t bring up the license page. If you can login to the home page of your router you should be able to see a list of devices connected to your router and the IP addresses it has assigned to them.
If you don’t know how to access the home page of your router, you can download the free Fing Network Scanner for PC or Mac https://www.fing.com/products/fing-desktop and use it to find your RPi IP address.
Go to the current IP address of your RPi/Meteohub in a browser window and login ( user name is Meteohub. Password is Meteohub ). The license page will load automatically as it is the only page that will load until you have accepted the Meteohub License by checking the little box and clicking the accept box. Check the little check box at the bottom and press the accept button.
The Maintenance page will automatically load ( this is the only page that will load until you actually complete the activation steps that follow ) Delete the default authorization code that is already present in the Authorization Code Box and replace it with the one you carefully wrote down.
Press the save button next to the authorization code box and you are done. Your new Meteohub will now be authorized and you will be able to access all of it’s pages.
Next, on the Maintenance page, do an update by pressing the update button and wait until you get a message showing version 5.1(d) ready to install ( you will have to refresh the Maintenance page several times and it will take several minutes ). Then press the install update button. The update will be installed and your Meteohub will restart and again it may take several minutes for the update to install and for your RPi/Meteohub to restart.
Just be patient, I realize it’s frustrating, especially if you’re not really a computer person which you don’t seem to be, but if you follow the above steps one at a time in the proper order you will finally have an activated and fully functioning Meteohub.
BigAlT

gust
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by gust »

RPi local IP 192.168.*.* is given by my router.
When I try to contact this address through browser, access is refused because wrong password.
Meteohub, raspberry, personal passwords do not work.
http://192.168.1.77/ does not work either.
Its got to be a Meteohub image problem. RPi was working with Raspbian.
In this situation system ID and activation code are pointless.
I have already wasted two 16 GB SD cards Meteohub image writing with dd.
The nightmare continues.

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

When you go to the the IP address for your RPi given by your router in a browser window does the Meteohub login screen appear ?. Remember, both the meteohub user name and the password are to be entered in all lower case letters. Using “ Meteohub “ will NOT work. They both must be “ meteohub “.
If it does appear and using “ meteohub “ doesn’t work, you can reset your Meteohub Password as follows:
If you forget your web interface password, you have to login via SSH ( using the Same IP address that brings up the Meteohub Login Screen ) as user "root", password "meteohub". if you have a Meteohub version post 4.3 ( you have version 5.0s ), you can just give command "reset-htpasswd" after having logged in via ssh. This sets http password to "meteohub" again. Now you can use the web interface again using meteohub as password.
Remember, you need to logoff from your meteohub ssh session before you can access it from the browser.

gust
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by gust »

Thanks for the ssh tip. It works with root , not with pi. I restored the password and now I have the Meteohub page http://192.168.0.6/cgi-bin/meteohub.cgi.
It says "Demo Version has timed out. You need to purchase a license with the embedded PayPal function for further operation (System-ID: ********)." Impossible to go to any tab.
Looks like the only way out is to buy a license.

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

At the bottom of what I should have described as the “ Demo Version has timed out webpage “ there is a little box you have to check to agree to the license terms. Unless you perform this step you cannot activate your Meteohub. CHECK THE BOX and PUSH THE ACCEPT BUTTON !!!. It will then load the Maintenance page where you can delete the default activation code that is in the activation code box and replace it with the activation code you carefully wrote down before. Push the save button and your Meteohub will be activated.
WARNING !!!. Do not update your Meteohub as I told you before. The update is corrupted and will cause your newly activated Meteohub to not boot at all any longer. I just tried it and now have to reinstall Meteohub on my micro SD Card.
Last edited by BigAlT on Sat May 16, 2020 3:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

gust
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by gust »

There is no little box at the bottom of the buy license page.
Page https://wiki.meteohub.de/Meteoplug_License ask for a user name and password. meteohub won't work.
I am using mhrpi-v5.0s.img. Is this THE problem?

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

That’s not the correct page. I’m sorry, I meant to say you need to go to your “Demo Version has timed out “ webpage at http://192.168.0.6/cgi-bin/meteohub.cgi. It will have the little box at the bottom. The page you’ve listed is the Meteohub WiKi Page for actually purchasing a license via PayPal, which by the way is no longer valid as Boris no longer uses PayPal for license payment but “my commerce”. That is why you can’t access anything on that page. The latest version of Meteohub, v5.1d is supposed to have changed the license payment method to my commerce but as I mentioned in my last post, the update to v5.1d doesn’t work and will brick or crash your v5.0s installation requiring you to completely reinstall Meteohub, an option you definitely don’t want seeing as how much trouble you’ve had just getting to this stage.
Just access your Meteohub at your above IP address and you will be able to check the box and get to the Maintenance page.
See page 70 of the Meteohub Manual for a screenshot of the License Page ( Demo Version has timed out Page ). Showing the check box and agree button.
https://www.meteohub.de/files/meteohub-v4.7en.pdf
Once you finally get your meteohub activated and completely configured with all your settings and equipment saved, make a copy of your meteohub installation ( which you’ve got running on your micro sd card ) using one of the free programs which will copy the contents of external media such as a micro so card as an image file which you can restore to another ( or even the same card ) should your original micro so card become corrupted ( as mine did when I tried to update to version 5.1d. Since I had a complete Backup image of my installation I was able to restore my meteohub in a few minutes ).

gust
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by gust »

http://192.168.0.6/cgi-bin/meteohub.cgi leads to the joined page image.
Tell me please how to connect to the page shown in the manual at page 70 https://www.meteohub.de/files/meteohub-v4.7en.pdf.
Attachments
Capture d’écran de 2020-05-16 08-41-33.jpg
Capture d’écran de 2020-05-16 08-41-33.jpg (167.44 KiB) Viewed 1443 times

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

The “ joined “ page you show is the Maintenance Page. You must have already checked the box on the page shown on page 70 in an earlier step.
You’ve almost completed your activation !!. Only one more step remains. Now, click on the Box marked Activation Code and then hit the delete key on your computer to remove all of the symbols currently in the Activation Code Box so it is completely empty or keep using your backspace key until the box is completely empty if the delete key doesn’t work.
Then carefully enter the Activation Code you earlier carefully copied down from the Transfer Webpage making sure you get it exactly the same. Press the save button next to the Activation Code Box and your Meteohub should be activated.
Please, Do not attempt to Update your Meteohub after it’s been activated as it will corrupt your micro SD card and you will have to start all over unless you now make a backup image of the installed and activated Meteohub image on your micro SD card using an image copy program as I mentioned before.
If the activation doesn’t work make sure that the system id shown on your “ joined “ page is exactly the same one you entered on the Transfer Web Page when you used it to obtain your new Activation Code.

gust
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by gust »

It goes back to the same page over and over again when I press the "save" button.
System ID is the one I noted.
Activation code is the one I noted.
Password is meteohub.

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

You should leave both of the new password boxes empty. Those two boxes are only used for changing the default password from meteohub to something else ( See page 37 of the manual for a screenshot showing both of the password boxes empty ). You only need to enter your new activation code in the activation code box before you press the save button.

If this doesn’t activate your Meteohub then make sure that the system ID that appears at the top of the Maintenance page is exactly the same as the one you entered on the Transfer Web Page when you transferred your license from your SheevaPlug/Meteohub to your RPi/Meteohub. They still should be the same as the system ID generated when you install the meteohub image is tied to the micro SD card serial number contained in the internal micro sd card registries. This is why if you save an image file of your activated meteohub/RPi micro SD card installation and restore it to the same micro SD card it will remain activated, but if you copy it to another micro SD card you will need to do a license transfer to reactivate the new micro SD card installation.

If for some reason they don’t match exactly, your activation code won’t work and you’ll have to do another transfer using the system ID From your RPi/Meteohub that you used when you did the license transfer on the License Transfer Webpage as the “ old “ system iD, the one that is now at the top of top of the page as the “ new “ system ID and the activation code you received from using the Transfer Web Page as the “ old “ activation code. You only need to do this if for some reason the System ID that you see now at the top of the Maintenance page is actually different than the one you entered on the Transfer Web Page when you obtained the new activation code you are entering in the activation code box on the Maintenance page.

gust
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by gust »

Should I try again the license transfer with infos provided by Boris.
i.e. "New SYSTEM ID: ********" and "New Activation code: *************************************"
or is it going to mix up everything?
This in order to obtain fresh system ID and fresh activation code.

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

I’m not sure if it’s a language problem because you’re a French Language speaker ( though your English is excellent ) but you are mistaken if you believe that your System ID is provided by Boris or anyone else. The System ID of your Meteohub is NOT provided by Boris or anyone else. It is created by the Meteohub software itself during installation on your micro SD card and is based on the specific serial number of your micro SD card which is in fixed memory on the card itself. This makes it unique to your micro SD card. The activation code supplied by the Transfer Web Page is based on the System ID. That is why the activation code supplied by the Transfer Web Page will only activate the exact same system ID you entered on the Transfer web page when you made the Transfer and will only activate the Meteohub that is installed on that exact same micro SD card.

According to the screenshot of your current Maintenance Page you attached to your earlier post your current System ID is EeSE4jo5. Is that correct ?. If so, is that the exact same system ID you used when you used the transfer web page to obtain your current authorization code ?. If not, let me know the exact system ID you used on the transfer webpage when you obtained your current authorization code and I’ll tell you how to proceed.