Hardware topics that do not fit in one of the other categories

Moderator: Mattk

skogvaktare
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Meteohub auf einem Qnap NAS Server

Post by skogvaktare » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Hallo!

Da ich neu und recht unbedarft bin, was die Programmierarei angeht, frage ich einfach mal ganz naiv:

Kann man Meteohub (evtl. über Joomla?) auf einem NAS installieren? Ich würde mir ungern noch weitere neue Hardware zulegen, die zusätzlich 24/7 läuft.

Gruss,

Christian

skogvaktare
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re:Meteohub auf einem Qnap NAS Server

Post by skogvaktare » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Hallo noch einmal!

Gibt es mittlerweile eine Lösung, die Meteohub-Software auf einem NAS wie dem Qnap laufen zu lassen?

Es muss doch noch mehr Leute geben, die diese Geräte zusammen verwenden möchten, oder?

Gruss,

Christian

skogvaktare
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by skogvaktare » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Maybe in english:

Hi Folks!

Someone out here, using the Meteohub software with a qnap NAS?

Greets,

Christian

P3R
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by P3R » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:13 pm

I have two Qnaps and was very interested in having it integrated on that platform as well but as far as I have seen Boris has so far has been negative about that idea:
http://www.meteohub.de/joomla/index.php ... =2&id=1973

Med ledning av ditt forumnamn antar jag att du är svensk och önskar dig därför som omväxling till trådens två tidigare språkförsök en fortsatt trevlig sommar på ärans och hjältarnas språk.

skogvaktare
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by skogvaktare » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:38 am

Hi!

Thanks for the link, for some reason my forum search didn´t find a single word (e.g. qnap).

It´s a pitty to hear this. But it´s almost one year ago. Maybe the developer had a new plan meantime....

Christian

P3R
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by P3R » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:20 am

The forum search still doesn't seem to work but go to the absolute top right of the web page and try that search instead ...

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:42 am

Meteohub has been ported to quite a few platforms. The basic approach is to make a mini-pc a dedicated Meteohub system. So meteohub does not come along as a package that can be installed on top of an existing linux base installation.

At the moment there are no plans to make it an installable package. If this changes, platforms like Fritzbox will be supported first, simply because of larger user base.

Please realize, that porting is quite time consuming and doing that for a platform just 2 or 3 Meteohub users will ever use is not making sense from an economical point of view. The large base of hw platforms supported so far already added some additional maintenance load to me, putting more on my shoulders will block me from developing future versions with new features.

P3R
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by P3R » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 pm

I'm sorry if my post was taken as criticism, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to help.

Actually I'm surprised at the impressive number of similar hardware-models you have choosen to support. I also fully understand your choice not to go for a definitely more support intensive multiapplication platform like a NAS, even if Qnap would have been very attractive for myself.

I'm very happy with my ALIX.1D uploading data to the Qnap.

skogvaktare
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Meteohub auf einem Qnap NAS Server

Post by skogvaktare » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:33 am

Hi P3R!

On what way the Meteohub is loading the data to the qnap? So you just dave the *.csv files there?

Christian