Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB3410 Microcontroller driver?

Hardware topics that do not fit in one of the other categories

Moderator: Mattk

skyewright
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB3410 Microcontroller driver?

Post by skyewright » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm interested in writing a plug-in to get my ALIX-1D meteohub to read data from a PowerOne Aurora inverter. The inverter has a USB port with a Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB3410 Microcontroller. From Meteohub I can see the controller (lsusb output shown below), but I think I need a ti_usb_3410_5052 driver.

I don't think the driver is already there (modprobe ti_usb_3410_5052 find nothing), and I can't seem find one via google.

Am I missing something obvious, or perhaps just trying to do the impossible?

lsusb output (Bus 002 is a 1-wire USB adapter).
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04fa:2490 Dallas Semiconductor DS1490F 2-in-1 Fob, 1-Wire adapter
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0451:3410 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB3410 Microcontroller
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 1a40:0101
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

skyewright
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB3410 Microcontroller driver?

Post by skyewright » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:14 pm

skyewright wrote:I don't think the driver is already there (modprobe ti_usb_3410_5052 find nothing), and I can't seem find one via google.
Am I missing something obvious, or perhaps just trying to do the impossible?
I think I have now found the necessary package at http://www.brimson.com/downloads/ti_usb ... es-1.1.txt

So now it's just a matter of seing what happens when I try ./configure and make install...

skyewright
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by skyewright » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:36 pm

skyewright wrote:So now it's just a matter of seing what happens when I try ./configure and make install...
./configure
checking build system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i586-pc-linux-gnu
checking os type... ok
checking kernel version... 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-486
checking kernel sources... not found
configure: error: cannot find the kernel sources
I'm in no way qualified to start messing with kernel source, so that looks like a no. Oh well, it was an idea.

Maybe I'll just have to follow up on an idea I had a while ago of implementing plug-ins on a bifferboard instead. This may take some time... :)

YJB
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by YJB » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 pm

I'm not an exper either, what I would probably do is:
- set up a VMWare virtual machine with meteohub
- Install the kernel sources (some help on http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compil ... ebian_etch)
(You don't have to compile the kernel, but it gives you some guidance on getting the sources).
You can find your kernel version by typing uname -a

Might be a fun exercise and in this way it will not impact your current meteohub setup

skyewright
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by skyewright » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:58 pm

YJB wrote:I'm not an exper either, what I would probably do is:
- set up a VMWare virtual machine with meteohub
<SNIP>
Might be a fun exercise and in this way it will not impact your current meteohub setup
Using a VM as a sandbox is a great idea, but given limited time for such things I'm more attracted to the BifferBoard idea because if I can get that to work it perhaps opens up the possibility of plug-ins for MeteoPlug! Also, judging from the version number, the distro I'd be using on the Bifferboard should, I think, already have the TUSB3410 driver in the kernel.

N.B. It would not be the Meteoplug BiferBoard running the plug-ins, that would not be possible. I have in mind a second BifferBoard that runs plug-ins which a Meteoplug client (or a Meteohub) could read via TCP/IP, similar to how a Meteohub or Meteoplug can already set up a station that connects to a plug-in that is actually running on another Meteohub.

I already have the spare BifferBoard (and have had for several months). It's just a matter of finding the spare time to try out the idea...