Wi-FI (WLAN) problems

discussion related to Iomega iConnect and Silverstone DC01 as Meteohub Platform

Moderator: Mattk

Amortalis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Wi-FI (WLAN) problems

Post by Amortalis » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:40 am

Yesterday the PNY 4 GB stick died after about 12 rounds.
Fortunately I have managed to get one Patriot 4 GB stick (the recommended stick). Just used the clone function a few hours before the stick died - I'm a lucky one.
Restart was fine, I updated to 4.9g (Build 1043) and since then I have network problems, I can connect to meteohub after some tries, mostly 1 of 4 tries (The connection to 10.0.0.4 was interrupted) and the meteohub vanish from network, not visible anymore.

All the best
Emil

EDIT: don't jump too high on this one, I will still do some supplementary tests, I will report back to keep you informed if the system runs or not like it should but the error is strange, was running 3 months without problems...

Amortalis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Wi-FI (WLAN) problems

Post by Amortalis » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Since 8 hours online, it seems to me that it was only a glitch.

Amortalis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by Amortalis » Tue May 08, 2012 6:39 am

Still some problems. Data is not always uploaded, my network is OK.
Take a look at
http://www.awekas.at/en/instrument.php?id=9221

I can read the data using WD all the time but Meteohub on the main page reports
WAN IP: no internet access
that is the most strange part actually, any help is more then welcomed.

P.S. Rebooting sometimes solves the problem.

Amortalis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by Amortalis » Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 am

secondary problem, the Patriot stick was faulty and I had to low level format it. This way I don't have the old ID received when I migrated from the PNY stick to the Patriot. Now I have a totally new ID and the transfer site is asking for the old ID (had with the Patriot stick). Now I am really stuck, can someone help me? I lost 3 months of data...

Amortalis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by Amortalis » Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 pm

My problem is still not solved :cry: can anyone help me or should I forget about meteohub?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri May 18, 2012 4:41 pm

No problem, I will send you crendentials. please contact "info(at)meteohub.de".

Hard to believe that the Patriot stick failed so shortly. There has been a cold boot problem which is solved by installing the latest Meteohub installer Image for iConnect.

jd990
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jd990 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:43 pm

I have the IConnect setup with a Davis ISS. I ran through the setup and the logger connects to the LAN but I get errors the WAN IP has no internet connection. I tried to update to most recent software and after I downloaded and tried to install I received this message "Error: File "C:\Documents and Settings\Thomas Grieger\Desktop\update-v4.9r.upd" has not been transferred."

I am setup with a Wunderground station ID and I can successfully ping from my laptop to the station. I don't understand why I can connect to the logger on the LAN but the logger [which is connected to the router] cannot connect to the internet. All firewalls on the router are turned off.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:24 pm

this is not a problem to be fixed by updates, but needs the gateway and dns configured correctly.
please post screen dumps of "network" and "system info" page.

Amortalis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by Amortalis » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Since a few days my system is disappearing from my network, not uploading data to awekas, internally the host is showed as dead (IPScanner), after about 10 to 20 power off- power on cycles the system appears again but to disappear again after 10 to minutes. Boot-up procedure seems to take for ages, much much longer as previously. About 8 months of data lost.
I'm stuck but really stuck... I guess I will turn off the system, I don't have the nerves anymore to start over and over again....So long is working is fine, but happens something than you have lost everything...

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:56 pm

I am sorry, that your hardware is faulty.

Amortalis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by Amortalis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Crap, sorry mate for been rude, I just losing my hope to get it back online without losing data.
If helps:
The system disappears always when is recomputing the weather data, the first step after a start-up procedure. But the system really is reachable after over 10 cold-boot procedures and I was on the Meteohub webpage to see what happens and when disappeared. Sometime stays online 5 minutes sometimes 45 minutes (like today) but it never managed to finish the computation of the weather data.
So, what can I do? I tried to clone the stick but I have the same symptoms and unusual long reboot times too.
The system seems to log the weather data, the stick flashes like usual, the blue power led is on, visually everything is OK.

Take care
Emil

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Do you have a NSLU2? These are very old and should be given a RIP now.

Amortalis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by Amortalis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Update:
I have a WIFI (WLAN) device for my TV, it can be operated as Access Point, Repeater or as Client. As Client it converts a LAN device into a WIFI device.
With this one set as Client the iConnect is working normally, it seems that the main problems is the onboard WIFI device from iConnect. At lest I have everything working normally.