Migration help and webcam question

discussion related to Iomega iConnect and Silverstone DC01 as Meteohub Platform

Moderator: Mattk

elav
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Migration help and webcam question

Post by elav » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 am

Hello, I used to have Meteohub running on a NSLU2 and posting information up to my website running WeatherDisplay Live. I have successfully setup meteohub on the iConnect and now have that feeding my website running WD Live but I no longer have the historical data. How do I go about getting the historical data off the NSLU2 Meteohub and get it onto the iConnect Meteohub? I actually thought the history was being kept on my website but that must not be correct because it is no longer available.

I also connected a webcam to the iConnect and got that working (took me a while to realize that no image will be displayed until you select "save"). Now that I know my webcam can work with Meteohub how do I get this to display those images on my website running WD Live? There seem to be some config settings within WD Live but I don't know the URL to use for these images. Can someone help with this too?

Thanks in advance! Very excited to have this up and running on the iConnect!

elav
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Migration help and webcam question

Post by elav » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:35 pm

OK, I figured out that you push webcam images up to the WD Live site via setting up the Graph Uploads section. I named my file webcam.jpg and the file is being FTP'ed up to my site but the file has zero size. Perhaps the native image isn't a jpg? Does anyone know how to fix this? Still haven't figured out how to get my historical data back...

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 pm

"graph upload" function of Meteohub does just upload graphs to your website.
Your historical data is on the meteohub in the folder /public/weather.
If the storage media has failed and you did not make backups, it is gone.

If you have used the cloud-service Meteoplug, data is there as well and you
can download it back to your new Meteohub.

elav
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by elav » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Webcam Update - I unplugged and replugged my webcam into the iConnect and now it is uploading the images fine. Not sure why I had to plug it back in but I'm glad it is up and running.

So is is better to copy over the data in the /public/weather folder of the NSLU2 over to the /public/weather folder of the iConnect? Or is it better to create a backup of the application data and restore the application data on the iConnect?

UPDATE: OK, I would NOT recommend doing it the way I did it but it is done. I created a backup on my NSLU2, moved it over to the iConnect and restored that to the iConnect. I did backup my configuration ahead of this but I didn't realize it was still downloading and managed to not backup my iConnect configuration. So I got all my configuration settings from the NSLU2 and had to go through all the menu settings and set it up for the iConnect (wireless, webcam, etc.). Not ideal but finished. Hopefully this will help someone.
admin wrote:"graph upload" function of Meteohub does just upload graphs to your website.
Your historical data is on the meteohub in the folder /public/weather.
If the storage media has failed and you did not make backups, it is gone.

If you have used the cloud-service Meteoplug, data is there as well and you
can download it back to your new Meteohub.