Mini Google Android 4.0 TV Box Allwinner A10 Compatibility?

Allwinner A10 systems

Moderator: Mattk

gcams
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Mini Google Android 4.0 TV Box Allwinner A10 Compatibility?

Post by gcams »

I'm looking at the potential of using an A10 device to replace my VMWare instance of meteohub. I found these units on eBay and wondered if anybody could comment on if they would be compatible??

The specs look very similar to the MiniX A10 unit, although the physical form-factor is quite different. These seem to be going for £35-£40, making them a very reasonable option, if they work!

Cheers,
Graham

Rainman32
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Mini Google Android 4.0 TV Box Allwinner A10 Compatibili

Post by Rainman32 »

That appears to be an MK802 variant which has not seen a lot of success with Meteohub. Most likely you will have to manually install the 8188eu driver and there may well be other tweaks to the system.bin file needed to get it to boot and display properly, take a look here to get an idea of what you could be in for. With some decent Linux skills and patience it is doable, but not plug and play by any means.

For a good and stable A10 platform that will work plug and play (although fairly more expensive), look for the Mele A1000.

gcams
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Mini Google Android 4.0 TV Box Allwinner A10 Compatibili

Post by gcams »

Many thanks for the great info Rainman32, I'll have a look through those links you've posted, although I suspect it won't be quite as "turn key" as I had hoped!! Looks like I might need to consider a more expensive device, like the Mele A1000, as you've suggested.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply! Much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Graham