Weather34 TEMPLATE

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weather34 TEMPLATE

Post by prestwickwx »

Hi Brian,

Hope all is well! The latest info update seems to have a slight spacing issue on Chrome, Firefox and Edge - Windows. Chrome on Mac, as well. Here is what I am seeing.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (57.65 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
Take care.

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

call me useless keep forgetting about all the other browsers ..should be ok now fix pushed..

firefox screenshot
ff.png
ff.png (203.63 KiB) Viewed 1530 times

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

That fixed it. :D

Thanks,

Chuck

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Good morning
minor changes made this week once again nothing significant and some hardly noticeable .

a few additional options , a new app Icon and few minor visual changes.

Teamed up with an app developer last week so pending on outcome of current pandemic/stability if it shows any indication of some return to normality in the near future will go ahead and release two apps however a small cost may be required to cover the app developers time and support.Presently I am not keen on releasing this until I can see some light and thoroughly trust the support.For me personally I have been granted permission to travel next week across the country to our second home but to come back I need to reapply to return (dilemma) ,its all rather frustrating and a rather a tedious process but necessary .Hence my hesitation of getting involved in apps and somewhat reluctant to add a price tag so food for thought .Money and hobbies to me don't work ! that phrase I seemed to adhere to for many years "don't mix business with pleasure"

email requests for template since 20th April received 1232 requests as of this morning Fri 22nd May , 21 duplicates, 33 non meteobridge users ! (which bit is not clear it is for meteobridge only). no need to re request you can simply use the simple updater to keep up to date. please do not send url in the request like "https://something-wx.com" you need to provide a valid URL so I can verify your actually using meteobridge and save you time and ultimately not waste your time , this template is for meteobridge only.

example of someone just not reading the part meteobridge only ive replaced the credentials with a ???

Weather34 Download Request details below.
Full Name:???
Email:???@googlemail.com
Website Url: https://www.???

..screenshots of minor changes below..stay safe all..Brian

jasonmfarrow
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

Hi Brian, small feedback on the Weather34-template-legend clock design. (ver 6.34)

You have the digital clock overlapping the analogue clock at 3 O'clock. I suspect most people will want both clocks to be fully visible or would want the choice of analogue or digital. I moved my digital to be top right of the grid container. Image attached. Thoughts?
Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 25 May 2020 15.23.20 pm.png
Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 25 May 2020 15.23.20 pm.png (314.56 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
Regards
Jason
jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

cool nice however ill add it once ive finished adding the 24 hour or normal time with am/pm option and likelihood the width of the numerical clock will widen to cater for am/pm . many thanks brian ..ps where is your 3 oclock :lol:

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Jason I have done it like this many thanks for the better idea..

also adds option to use 24 hour or 12 hour or 12 hour with am/pm .shifted to left with wider width 5.5em + the 3 o'clock :-) + changed the clock to use the template clock monospaced font

simply run the (516kb) Standalone-update-26-05-2020.zip via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstatio ... alone.html
jason-clcok.png
jason-clcok.png (105.96 KiB) Viewed 1368 times

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Brian/Jason,

Nice addition, looks great.

Thanks,

Chuck

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

hello chuck glad its ok Jason has some good ideas just takes me a while to put it together .. just renewed my ICDSOFT account last night gets cheaper every year ! anyway a couple things on the horizon just takes time as usual . might even finally have an app to download but thats not my expertise I find it mind-blowing to learn ..hope is all well nothing changed here still 4 days a week(Friday midnight to Tuesday midnight) 100% curfew stay at home its getting tough now the warmer weather is amongst us however positives dolphins fill the local bay in the peninsula daily due to lack of local fishing boats and other water activities ..take care. Brian

jasonmfarrow
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

Cheers Brian, 3 O'clock looks beautiful. Better than the 9. ;-)
Regards
Jason

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:20 pm
hello chuck glad its ok Jason has some good ideas just takes me a while to put it together .. just renewed my ICDSOFT account last night gets cheaper every year ! anyway a couple things on the horizon just takes time as usual . might even finally have an app to download but thats not my expertise I find it mind-blowing to learn ..hope is all well nothing changed here still 4 days a week(Friday midnight to Tuesday midnight) 100% curfew stay at home its getting tough now the warmer weather is amongst us however positives dolphins fill the local bay in the peninsula daily due to lack of local fishing boats and other water activities ..take care. Brian
Brian,

Yes. I have been very pleased with ICDSOFT, as well. The App sounds good, but the present "webapp" seems to work great on all form factors. I am sure you have to jump through many hoops to get it into the Apple app store.

We are doing well here, so far. Things have begun to open up, a bit. I checked out the beach yesterday and there were lots of people, but they were staying well apart. I can't see the ocean front from my location, but it is a short walk away. We have a few dolphins that come in close to the shore. I have encountered them while paneling the kayak , occasionally. Generally they stay out in the Gulf Stream - about 40 miles out.

Stay safe.

Chuck

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

yes i know what you about the web app it seems to me it does everything as expected no matter what device you use and yes apple store thats a learning curve on its own and costs hence the hesitation. dolphins are not rare here often observe them in the morning hours during the warmer months but since the regular lockdowns/curfews they appear at all times during the day and in larger quantities.

jason the 9 ? got me there

jasonmfarrow
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

9. Comedy / Sarcasm - The appropriate response is Har! Har! :lol: I'll let it go. :D
Regards
Jason

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

@prestwickwx chuck thats a lot of rain your getting today ! and its only afternoon..
chuck-rain.png
chuck-rain.png (210.85 KiB) Viewed 1284 times

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:57 pm
@prestwickwx chuck thats a lot of rain your getting today ! and its only afternoon..

chuck-rain.png
Brain,

Yes, quite a bit. We had a tropical storm move in south of us and it created a few heavy showers. A little early in our tropical season, but I suspect it may be a busy one in August and September. :D

Chuck