Airlink

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

pwilman
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Airlink

Post by pwilman »

Hello,

Just got an email announcing the launch of the new Davis airlink air quality monitoring station. It seems to be a WiFi station that connects with weather link.

Just wondered whether it could connect to meter ridge at some point? It’s not released yet, so suspect the answer will have to wait for release.

Paul

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Airlink

Post by admin »

Meteobridge is of course planing to support this. If a user who has this senor working will be so kind to give us a remote login to do the integration,that would be very helpful. I guess this sensor will first pop up in stores in the US, where we are not located ;-)

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

hi Boris
I ordered one but not expected to be readily available till October and then throw in the 3 week overseas shipment/clearance etc so November at earliest for me. however I can see it easily be used with anyone having a second meteobridge like the tp link mr3020 or alike but im not sure how that would interact/used with a nanosd unless its used in conjunction with Davis WL off the cloud which becomes dependent on cloud services personally I don't have much joy or luck with cloud services .. I have a few(3) TP LINK MR3020 sitting in the draw loaded up with meteobridge so if you don't find anyone your welcome to sniff around our local home network.. Brian
Last edited by weatherist34 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Brian, thanks for the prompt and very kind offer. Good to know that I can as always count on you ;-)

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX »

Boris, I too have ordered a couple of days ago and have a nano sd doing very little at present so will give you access as soon as I get it installed.

jasonmfarrow
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

This is the API documentation - https://weatherlink.github.io/airlink-local-api/
Regards
Jason
jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

For my understanding, is it possible to connect the AirLink device to my NanoSD without WeatherLink Cloud?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

I doubt the Davis consoles will be able to make use of the data and to reflect this somehow in the loop and loop2 packets used to report to 3rd party applications (like Meteobridge on NANO). Unless Davis is delivering a firmware update for the consoles, access via a console/envoy to this data does not seem possible to me. But this is just my understanding.

MB PRO might be better suited, but here it is up to me to understand the RF data this unit will send. Another round of reverse ingereering coming ahead! I missed that so much ;-) YEAH!

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

ok Thanks/Danke für die Klarstellung, Boris.

jasonmfarrow
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

ToTo wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:35 am
For my understanding, is it possible to connect the AirLink device to my NanoSD without WeatherLink Cloud?
With the latest Meteobridge 4.4 build you can add an Airlink to the NanoSD. It will connect as a TCP/IP managed device and use a local IP.
If you are using the Weather34 template, then this is now compatible and receives the AQI data (PM1, PM2.5 and PM10) from the Airlink via the NanoSD.
Regards
Jason

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

jasonmfarrow
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

I already collect AQI data from my Nano SD using my Raspberry PI. The AirLink is a TCP/IP connected station. I'm just wondering what I'd have to do on the Raspberry Pi side to get it to look like an AirLink to the NanoSD?

@Boris, are you able to publish the TCP/IP request that comes from the Nano as it talks to the Airlink station? If so then I can try to get it to respond in the expected way and then I'll be able to use Brian's full AQI template modules rather than one's modified for my own data.

Also, which of the many fields in the Airlink API are used by the NanoSD to send to the Weather34 template?
Regards
Jason

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

When you want to get data from a RPI (where you might have connected additional sensors) to the Meteobridge, I would recommend to have something on the RPI running that allows to be connected via HTTP or a TCP/IP socket connection. Having that, you can write a small plugin on the NANO that reads data via wget (for HTTP) or nc (for TCP/IP sockets). This script pushes data to stdout in a defined standard Meteobridge format. Meteobridge can then make use if it as a user-defined "plugin" station.

The idea and an example is also lined out in the release notes for 4.4: https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Forum

jasonmfarrow
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

Boris,

I think I can do that. Can you confirm that the meteobridge format for the David AQI sensor is [air1pm-act] and [air2pm-act] for PM2.5 and PM10 respectively?

Thank you.
Regards
Jason

jasonmfarrow
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

I've got the following plugin ready:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
#
while true;
do
  aqitxt=$(wget -qO- http://10.10.10.202/aqi.data)
  aqiarray=($aqitxt)
  echo "air1pm $aqiarray(1)"
  echo "air2pm $aqiarray(3)"
  sleep 900
done
The wget returns the following contents from the aqi.data file into a string containing:

Code: Select all

PM25: 2.5  PM10: 9.8
The codes then splits up the contents into an array and uses the second and fourth text fields as data for PM2.3 and PM10.
Repeat every 15 minutes.

Have I a) got the right Meteobridge air quality variables and b) made any obvious mistakes with the code?
Regards
Jason