Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

jasonmfarrow
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by jasonmfarrow »

The Mac & Safari problem was Safari 13. I updated to Safari 14 and it works as Brian's expectations. There must be some coding issue that's not compatible with Safari 13 and there's only so much backward compatibility that Brian's likely to want to maintain.
Regards
Jason
https://jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Chuck older versions of safari I can not develop for any longer my desktop environment won't let me install multiple versions of safari that Im aware of though I'm sure its possible via a workaround , basically -webkit- capability and other stuff evolves Safari 13.x is a few years old now , solution as Jason mentions is to simply update it to the latest Safari 14 . @Chuck pushed a Firefox fix for UV overflow to GitHub .to anyone sorry I don't have time to update the download update with this .

sorry for the inconvenience ...Brian

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:30 pm
Chuck older versions of safari I can not develop for any longer my desktop environment won't let me install multiple versions of safari that Im aware of though I'm sure its possible via a workaround , basically -webkit- capability and other stuff evolves Safari 13.x is a few years old now , solution as Jason mentions is to simply update it to the latest Safari 14 . @Chuck pushed a Firefox fix for UV overflow to GitHub .to anyone sorry I don't have time to update the download update with this .

sorry for the inconvenience ...Brian
Hi Brian,

The Safari issue is not a problem for me. I was just trying to confirm that it was probably due to version 13. My older Mac Mini 10.13 (High Sierra) won't run Safari 14, but it works fine as a small server.

I will grab the Firefox fix when you post it on Git - may have timed out the first go round.

Take care,

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

alexeysailman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by alexeysailman »

Hi, Brian!
For the second update in a row, I observe such a thing: when pressing the extra info button in the humidity module, the entire history for the month and for the year disappeared in all other modules (temperature, pressure, wind, etc.) everything is fine
https://xn--10-6kcwaznenhomt1p.xn--p1ai/

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

alexeysailman wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:47 pm
Hi, Brian!
For the second update in a row, I observe such a thing: when pressing the extra info button in the humidity module, the entire history for the month and for the year disappeared in all other modules (temperature, pressure, wind, etc.) everything is fine
Your module looks fine from here - maybe a cache issue?

Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (87.14 KiB) Viewed 377 times

Chuck

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

alexeysailman wrote:
Hi, Brian!
month year humidity only introduced 3 days ago in the end of day hence no history from january as per previous comment,its not really the ideal time to release a new chart for year .better to have waited to start of new year as mentioned before .

@chuck nope forgot to hit send …

see ya all in the autumn.. :D good night , good day enjoy the summer ..

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:02 pm
alexeysailman wrote:
Hi, Brian!
month year humidity only introduced 3 days ago in the end of day hence no history from january as per previous comment,its not really the ideal time to release a new chart for year .better to have waited to start of new year as mentioned before .

@chuck nope forgot to hit send …

see ya all in the autumn.. :D good night , good day enjoy the summer ..
Brian,

Ha, fixed. :D

Take care,

Chuck

rzelle-K1TTC
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by rzelle-K1TTC »

Brian,

I just noticed this issue with the month charting. It's charting the values for the previous day. The daily .csv files are sequence dated correctly and their creation dates are in sync. June 30 values are charted as July 1and it appears to be for all monthly charts. I checked the data in the nano's db and it appears to be in sync date wise. My Stratus manual gauge brought this issue to my attention.
Month Charting ahead 1 day.PNG
Month Charting ahead 1 day.PNG (96.71 KiB) Viewed 362 times
You're supposed to be on Holiday so if you don't get to this Rest and Relaxation is more important.

73s

.. Ron

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

rzelle-K1TTC wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:25 am
Brian,

I just noticed this issue with the month charting. It's charting the values for the previous day. The daily .csv files are sequence dated correctly and their creation dates are in sync. June 30 values are charted as July 1and it appears to be for all monthly charts. I checked the data in the nano's db and it appears to be in sync date wise. My Stratus manual gauge brought this issue to my attention.

Month Charting ahead 1 day.PNG

You're supposed to be on Holiday so if you don't get to this Rest and Relaxation is more important.

73s

.. Ron
Good morning Ron , that's how its supposed to be so you theoritically 99% get a maximin,average over the last 24 hours(midnight to 11:59pm) . been set like this for many many months .
so today is the 12th July in your month last data should show,have values from 11th July then at midnight the end of day runs to produce the data for the 12th July and so on so its always previous day until .
strongly advise change that end of day time to 02:00AM .

So everyone following updates today the update contains neccesary files for being able to update to planned paid release in the autumn. its not urgent as this will sit there for a month or more until September so take your time .Does anyone read the release update notes ? it would be appreciated if you did .

Important Download Update 12th July 2021
* (11:45) Contains neccesary files to be able to update to autumn paid release
* (11:45) Firefox fix for UV info screen Ref Chuck
* (11:45) Last significant update until paid version release in autumn 2021
* This update contains all updates,fixes since March 1st and neccesary files to be able to upgrade for future paid release
* I kindly ask please refrain from asking for help until September at the earliest , I can not go through backlogs of issues which in recent times many seem to be very localized so please check what is happening locally before bombarding me with emails etc.Because they will just sit there unread,unanswered for a long time.Over the last year due to the pandemic I have been readily available 99% of the time to help,resolve many issues raised some were my errors others were localized to end users,so now its time to live a life outside for the time being and get back to some form of normality.

* Please always do a *backup before running updates

@chuck it struck me last night that menu layout was designed on a Mac mini 2010 with High Sierra ,Safari 13, so I quickly dug my old Mac mini out 2010 and the menu worked as expected , that said I always have developer mode enabled and use the cache clearance in that section. its not possible to run an old version of Safari on Big Sur like safari 13 because there are two parts the browser itself and the webkit framework !! which Safari 13.x would not recognize the webkit framework on Big Sur . So perhaps I will look at in the autumn when more time permits to see if I can replicate and adjust any code necessary .

@Jason this is not exactly what you asked for in terms of animation but if rain for day is greater than 35mm/1.3in the bucket uses a stronger bolder blue .ignore the last tip my demo is a different timezone compared to realtime data from Lars in Singapore I was using his data in demo.better than nothing ?.. https://singaporeweather.info/
1.png
1.png (34.73 KiB) Viewed 334 times

@Ron tonight we take a short flight and hope to catch up with relatives and enjoy the outside life because it's inevitable we will enter another period of restrictions come autumn into winter.

enjoy the summer all get outside enjoy the fresh air ..Brian

rzelle-K1TTC
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by rzelle-K1TTC »

Hi Brian,

With all the Crazy Weather we've been having up here cycling 90+ then 60s and Lots of Rain has brought my attention to the daily rain amounts. I changed my end of day to Before every 2nd Full Hour I think that's right?

Safe Travel Enjoy you time with relatives and the outdoors. We will have Family with Grand Kids here last weekend in July then flying to AZ 1st weekend in Aug for a long weekend to attend a Family wedding then home to have the other half Family with Grand Kids here the 2nd long weekend in Aug.

Don't know how we managed to schedule this but it's scheduled I guess we're making up for last Summer.

BTW Hoping Not but Expecting the same re shutting down again this Fall and Winter ..

73s
..Ron

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

hi Ron just too clarify must go now ..take care

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstatio ... guide.html

Charts End of Day
This part runs the end of day for month/year charts
Aurora MKII Charts New for January 2021

b. Charts setup for month and year charts
* New process allows to run 02:00am each morning , it will collect all the neccesary values from the previous day and append to chart file .

Select the Services Tab
1. Goto Select new service
2. Select from the drop down menu HTTP Request
3. Then select Event Type and Specific Time
4. Click Save at the bottom of the screen
5. Now look for new HTTP request
6. select "02:00" (it will run at 02:00 after midnight each day)
7. NOW INSERT THE URL examples
8. https://yourdomain/yourfolder/weather34 ... of-day.php
8a. https://yourdomain/weather34-chart-end-of-day.php
9. now click save .
*the path can be in the root if the template was uploaded to the root directory https://yourdomain/weather34-chart-end-of-day.php

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Hi Brian,

No problem concerning Safari 13. I will play around with it on my old Mac in developer mode and see what I find.

Happy Travels! :D

Take care,

Chuck

rzelle-K1TTC
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by rzelle-K1TTC »

Thanks Brian, Yes of course I forgot you can select the type of period for the service ... Thanks Got It ..

..Ron

jasonmfarrow
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

weatherist34 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:06 am
@Jason this is not exactly what you asked for in terms of animation but if rain for day is greater than 35mm/1.3in the bucket uses a stronger bolder blue
Brian, I just had a brainwave. When the bucket gets full (say at +35mm or +50mm) then after that the bottom of the entire rain data box should have a layer of the bolder blue colour which would look like it is flooding the box as the bucket is full. Is that doable? I don't think it should grow too much; perhaps only increment every 25mm of additional rain? Something for the autumn fee-based version?
Regards
Jason
https://jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

jasonmfarrow wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:51 am
weatherist34 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:06 am
@Jason this is not exactly what you asked for in terms of animation but if rain for day is greater than 35mm/1.3in the bucket uses a stronger bolder blue
Brian, I just had a brainwave. When the bucket gets full (say at +35mm or +50mm) then after that the bottom of the entire rain data box should have a layer of the bolder blue colour which would look like it is flooding the box as the bucket is full. Is that doable? I don't think it should grow too much; perhaps only increment every 25mm of additional rain? Something for the autumn fee-based version?
Good afternoon Jason

not sure I follow or picture your idea visually . for reference mostly the autumn paid version is really all about chart layouts as it will use a new chart library .

Reference forthcoming paid version just basically is covering the cost of the chart license required ,please anyone don't misunderstand the fee is not about profit hence its targeted at a one off fee of $3-$5 or euro, sterling(exchange rate) equivalent based on the volume of average downloads of updates in a monthly period which is about 840 unique ip addresses per 31 days(doesn't take into account of those using a private VPN),the master has a total of 2488 unique ip downloads since December 2020, the total number of master downloads is as of just now 6564 but that figure is just total which doesn't account for multiple downloads by user etc. So that's how I arrived at $3-$5 which would cover the cost of license and cover the cost of annual server fee which is around $98 per year including domain . That said there will be some other features to warrant the fee as before its all a work in progress and aim is to make it all automated in terms of management of fees and downloads etc with each user having a unique download area and unique serial number .

This is the aim but if it becomes unmanageable from a maintaining point of view then I will completely shelve the idea , as I don't wish to get in over my head and end up with a time consuming project on my hands .

Ecowitt users last time I commenting on this and future emails based on this brand is going straight to the bin , this brand is extremely confusing not just for developing around but even purchasing ,look around the various forums you will see the word "confused" mentioned frequently well that's the same for me when I attempt to develop for it "CONFUSED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT" and I don't know if it is the brand product coding itself or just the frequent users who contribute in forums are creating the confusion because to put quite bluntly "IM LOST"..So please I ask very kindly Ecowitt brand and alike is NOT SUPPORTED regardless whether its a fine product that works well or not is not my OBSTACLE its trying understand how to develop for it because I see no common setup , one has a multiple of sensors , some have multiple wind sensors types traditional vane and ultrasonic (this baffles me as why its required I thought it was a hobby to measure the weather not a hobby to sit there comparing one sensor to another day in day out !) .

Anyway enough of that lets move on to something that is understandable :-) Also many thanks to Aaron whilst I was away last week for compiling a few updates good to have some trusted hands around to help out..

Download Update 20th July 2021
* (11:14) Scale year in charts to work with old charts and new forthcoming charts
* (11:14) Fix KNOTS values in forecast wind speed chart
* (11:14) Adjust extra info screen layout for history data

* This update contains all updates,fixes since March 1st and neccesary files to be able to upgrade for future paid release

* Please always do a *backup before running updates