Celsius instead of Fahrenheit in Europe

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Ben
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Celsius instead of Fahrenheit in Europe

Post by Ben »

In my MB Pro I've set the Graphs language to Dutch, and nobody I know in Europe ever uses Fahrenheit or inHg or mph, but it still generates graphs with weird illogical foreign units. Even my Primary and extra Stations output in EU/metric values, so it does this extra conversion on purpose.
Why on earth is a device that is made in Europe even defaulting to these units? Seriously, why do I even need to post this?
I'd assume a device existing this long, with so many versions along the way, has figured out this would be a bad idea.
Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Celsius instead of Fahrenheit in Europe

Post by Mattk »

It is totally customization to whatever units you wish to use. The Graph "examples" (and other templates) are provided in both ISO (imperial) or Metric themes, mix and match the output to your own pleasure, only requires to edit the converter. Globally people have many different requirements and outputs, all can be catered
admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Ben wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:11 pm In my MB Pro I've set the Graphs language to Dutch, and nobody I know in Europe ever uses Fahrenheit or inHg or mph, but it still generates graphs with weird illogical foreign units. Even my Primary and extra Stations output in EU/metric values, so it does this extra conversion on purpose.
Why on earth is a device that is made in Europe even defaulting to these units? Seriously, why do I even need to post this?
I'd assume a device existing this long, with so many versions along the way, has figured out this would be a bad idea.
The claim that there is preference for or defaulting to imperial units in Meteobridge is nonsense. Please make yourself knowledgeable before spamming this forum with disinformation. If you have a problem that Meteobridge also fits demands for users outside continental Europe, then I can't help.
Ben
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Ben »

Sorry for that, it was a browser-issue here. By now I've found out when I choose 'Generate Graph' it actually picks allinone-imp under chart-type, but probably because that's the first option in the dropdown. I was unaware that allinone-imp stood for imperial, and iso for metric. I'd expect it to be allinone-metric or something like that.