Add % to twitter string **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

steviebaby59
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Add % to twitter string **solved**

Post by steviebaby59 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Does anyone have a solution to add the % sign in a twitter string? I am trying to run this after the humidity reading. When I place it in my string, it won't tweet. I get "Cannot post (duplicate) error (bad character), and so on. I copied and pasted this symbol from the web- ﹪ into the string. This will work, but it comes out too small on tablets and iPhone's.

Here is my current string: Time [HH]:[mm][APM] Temp [th0temp-act=F.1:--]°F WC [wind0chill-act=F.1:--]°F Hum [th0hum-act.0=:--]﹪ Winds [wind0dir-act=endir:---] [wind0wind-act=mph.1:--] to [wind0wind-max10=mph.1:--]mph Rain [rain0total-daysum=in.2:---]in Baro [thb0press-act=inHg.2----]inHg

Here is my Twitter link:
https://twitter.com/empire_prairie/

Maybe I'm trying to be too perfect, but I would appreciate any advice. :roll:

Steve

steviebaby59
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Add % to twitter string

Post by steviebaby59 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 am

I guess no one has an answer for this. It's OK, I can live with they way it looks. It doesn't look bad at all. :D

chrisgrainger
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by chrisgrainger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:35 pm

steviebaby59 wrote:I guess no one has an answer for this. It's OK, I can live with they way it looks. It doesn't look bad at all. :D

It looks good here too.... complete with the '%' sign. What did you do to get it to show?

Cheers!

Chris

steviebaby59
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by steviebaby59 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I just did some trial and error coping and pasting % symbols I found on the web until I got it. I don't remember where I found the one I'm using, but here is my entire string:

Code: Select all

Time [HH]:[mm][APM] Temp [th0temp-act=F.1:--]°F WC [wind0chill-act=F.1:--]°F Hum [th0hum-act.0=:--]﹪ Winds [wind0dir-act=endir:---] [wind0wind-act=mph.1:--] to [wind0wind-max10=mph.1:--]mph Rain [rain0total-daysum=in.2:---]in Baro [thb0seapress-act=inHg.2----]inHg http://www.empireprairieweather.com
Feel free to copy my code and use it, or edit it to your taste. Here is the actual ﹪ symbol I use. You can just copy and paste it into your string if you like.

Good luck! Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Happy New Year! :lol:
Steve

D2149
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Location: Bass Lake - California USA (Southern Sierra Nevada near Yosemite National Park)

Re: Add % to twitter string **solved**

Post by D2149 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:36 am

Hi guys!

I'm glad I read this thread and found out about potential issues with certain symbols/characters in Twitter strings. I just purchased a WeatherBridge Pro for Ambient today, and the first thing I want to do with it is renew our Twitter/facebook hourly updates.

I'm about to post a new thread with more detail of what I am after on this topic.

Feel free to chime in! :D

Cheers.