TP-Link MR3020 WAP/Reset Light Blinking Fast

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

dennisanderson
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

TP-Link MR3020 WAP/Reset Light Blinking Fast

Post by dennisanderson » Sat May 20, 2017 6:49 pm

I followed the direction and connected the MB to my router via a cable. I changed the network setting to match my wireless LAN SSID, password and security. I pressed SAVE then save and reboot. When the MB rebooted the WAP/Reset light blinked slowly and then fast. I didn't discoed the MB from the counter, so I then disconnect the MB from the router and powered down the MB and restarted it. the WAP/Reset light again blinked slowly ant then fast.

I then followed the directions under Cloud Simulator for Network Configuration with the same results.

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: TP-Link MR3020 WAP/Reset Light Blinking Fast

Post by wvdkuil » Sun May 21, 2017 3:13 pm

dennisanderson wrote:I followed the direction and connected the MB to my router via a cable. I changed the network setting to match my wireless LAN SSID, password and security. I pressed SAVE then save and reboot. When the MB rebooted the WAP/Reset light blinked slowly and then fast. I didn't discoed the MB from the counter, so I then disconnect the MB from the router and powered down the MB and restarted it. the WAP/Reset light again blinked slowly ant then fast.

I then followed the directions under Cloud Simulator for Network Configuration with the same results.
WiKi describes meaning of leds blinking during boot http://meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Boot_Sequence
So "Reset light blinked slowly and then fast" means Metebridge tries to load the application-stack from the MB-server
QUESTION: Did it ever work when directly connected to the router?
If YES, as it worked normally before, it can be=>
1. A typing error or an unsupported character in the SSID or password or an extra space after those words which happens very often
You should select the SSID from the list of "Known SSIDs" just next to the entry field
Check if there is a space after the SSID or password
If there are not-normal characters in the password, try a temporary change in the router password to all normal characters => save and reboot
2. Or you also clicked "integrate client on Meteobridge's LAN adapter into WLAN" but let the MB also connected to the router with a cable
3. Or the wrong router-security procedure, those descriptions seem to be written for aliens only, try "WPA/WPA2-PSK Mixed Mode"

If NO , it was never tested completely before switching to WLAN =>
please try to load the stack FIRST time when connected with a cable to the router.
You can remove the WLAN settings by pressing the button and releasing AFTEr the frist blink
Again, check WiKi => http://meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Boot_Sequence

Wim