wind max data discussion

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

ullises
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

wind max data discussion

Post by ullises » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi , i use meteobridge soft in a tp-link 3020 for 4 months now...
yesterday we had a storm , resulting in some nice windgusts...
Davis6152 console recorded 116 kmh .... in Meteobridge software it shows correct 116 kmh
But Meteobridge sent different values as follows...

To :

Meteotemplate .... update every 10 seconds .... 99.8 kmh ..... http://meteoconstanta.ro/template/indexDesktop.php
Wunderground ..... update every 10 minutes ... 103 kmh ........ https://www.wunderground.com ......... ID=ICONSTAN6
Weathercloud ...... update every 10 minutes ... 110.9 kmh (not uploading very good)
Windguru .......... update every 10 minutes ... 116 kmh (corect value)
template from weather34.com....update every 10 minutes......116 kmh (correct value) http://meteoconstanta.ro/mbridge/

Spoke with Jachym , he said it shoul be a setting that Meteobridge should send maximum values....i think mine is not....
And strange is that many times the gust was over 100 kmh....Meteotemplate didnt pick them up...
Any help is much apreciated
thanks !

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge TP=Link 3020

Post by admin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:24 pm

These networks request slightly different values.

WU: get s max windspeed of last 2 minutes as gust value. As WU has had issues in receiving data this will lead to missing gust when upload is interrupted for more than two minutes-

Meteotemplate: Receives max wind speed since last transmission to the server as gust. As the timing was very tight this could give a chance that an isolated wind max value drops, when it occurs exactly between these sendings. I will change that to slightly overlapping time frames, to avoid misses.

Weathercloud: This network just receives wind data as it comes averaged from the station. When thy calculate their own max from that, it is not the max gust, but to be expected a bit lower.

Windguru: gets max gust since last sending, but already has some overlapping, as I now also plan for Meteotemplate-

HOMEWEATHERSTATION: receives daily gust max and gust max of last 10 minutes from Meteobridge.

ullises
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ullises » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:26 am

Thanks for info...
I mainly use Meteotemplate and it would be nice to get max windgust there....
Thanks again...

ruzzi.f@gmail.com
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ruzzi.f@gmail.com » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:12 am

hello, on meteotemplate meteobridge is not sending windmax, but is sending the current wind data and the avg wind data given from the station.
if you set updates every 10 seconds, of course meteobridge can receive 2 updates from the station, but meteobridge will send of course only one to meteotemplate (i immagine the latest received).
Boris I do not understand how you solved this issue, i hope you are not making a check of which of the two are higher and sending the higher, because this would not be correct.......
This also was the reason i asked you to implement the possibility to update meteotemplate every 5 seconds....because in 5 seconds the meteobridge receiva max 1 update from
station!
Boris please can you clarify how did you updated the firmware?
Thanks
Fabio

ruzzi.f@gmail.com
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ruzzi.f@gmail.com » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 am

boris, regarding the meteobridge windmax I have another issue to highlight, maybe it is better if i write it on separate discussion because is about the wind0wind.max instruction
thanks
fabio

ruzzi.f@gmail.com
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ruzzi.f@gmail.com » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:38 am

hello,
i have meteobridge and send data to meteotemplate.
since i am interested in having always max wind data of the last 10 minutes (without loosing any read) I decided to send the wind0wind.max10 and the current data wind0wind.act to meteotemplate with http request service every 5 seconds. the service work great! on meteotemplate i show at same time both the current data (gust) and max data of last 10 minutes.
looking on meteotemplate i found out an issue: sometimes it happens that current wind speed (act) is higher than max wind speed; i expect that at least in the following update the max wind speed is updated to the same level......but it doesn’t. I show an example of what happens in the sequence of data....

current wind speed. 8. 7. 12. 8.
max win speed. 10. 10. 10. 10.

Thanks
Fabio

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Fabio, I fear your cascade of postings is suited to mostly confuse the readers.
if you set updates every 10 seconds, of course meteobridge can receive 2 updates from the station, but meteobridge will send of course only one to meteotemplate (i immagine the latest received).
Wrong. As I wrote in my posting the maximum wind speed that has been recorded since last upload to meteotemplate is sent.
Boris I do not understand how you solved this issue, i hope you are not making a check of which of the two are higher and sending the higher, because this would not be correct.......
Very unclear what you mean. If you have the fear that averaged wind speed (as reported by the station) and last measured wind speed are somehow intermixed, I can say you that is not the case.
This also was the reason i asked you to implement the possibility to update meteotemplate every 5 seconds....because in 5 seconds the meteobridge receiva max 1 update from station!
I don't think it is a solution to make intervals so short that only one measurement in each sending is transported. Not all users have a setup supporting that extreme upload rates and there are weather station that report every 2 seconds new values... so where to stop?
Boris please can you clarify how did you updated the firmware?
Main change is that I added 5 seconds into the past to the evaluated time frame. When last upload has been done 23:10:05 and current upload is on 23:10:15 then time frame from 23:10:00 until 23:10:15 is searched for maximum recorded wind speed and the maximum is reported as to meteotemplate as parameter "G". Doing so removes the risk that a measurement that have occurred exactly at 23:10:05 might be omitted, because some internal computing of the time frame might have a ">" instead ">=" and by that miss measurements at the timeframe boundaries.
since i am interested in having always max wind data of the last 10 minutes (without loosing any read) I decided to send the wind0wind.max10 and the current data wind0wind.act to meteotemplate with http request service every 5 seconds. the service work great! on meteotemplate i show at same time both the current data (gust) and max data of last 10 minutes.
When Jachym, the inventor of meteotemplate, prefers to have gust max of last 10 minutes reported as parameter "G", I can change to this. I still think sending the way I explained before is preferable, because then meteotemplate can itself compute gust for last 10, 20, 30 minutes or whatever it likes.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: wind max data discussion

Post by admin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:14 pm

Fabio, I changed thread title as "Meteobridge TP=Link 3020" is not related to the discussion you started here.

ruzzi.f@gmail.com
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: wind max data discussion

Post by ruzzi.f@gmail.com » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:39 am

thanks for changing the title, maybe i made mistake when i opened the discussion....
regarding all your explanations, thanks now very clear to me
the only item which is not clear to me is the last one: i was not asking to make changes, but i was reporting something which is not working now.
I try to explain better what i mean.

every 5 seconds i am sending to meteotemplate 2 data:
1) wind0wind.act (wind speed actual)
2) wind0wind.max10 (wind speed max in last 10 minutes)

I was reporting what i immagine is a issue: intact some times it happens that the first value (actual wind speed speed) is higher than the second (max wind in last 10 minutes)

Don't you think it is some how a bug if max wind can be lower than current wind?
Thanks
Fabio